Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] Recordings randomly work

  • Thread starter Thread starter eleusis
  • Start date Start date
E

eleusis

Guest
Hi. Im new to enigma receivers. I own a Gigablue quad and I have had this box for about 3 weeks. I have vix installed and I am learning to use it slowly but surly.

I have encountered a Problem lately and hoping somebody can diagnose it for me.

When I set a recording it only sometimes works.

Example: I press add timer on program I am watching and start recording. Then I go and watch the program in videos menu and it only flicks onto it for a split second. I can see a timer bar and duration is zero. To record anything on the receiver after this requires a restart of machine. (Restarting enigma does not seem to work).

It will work after restart now but I dont really know how long for and what triggers it to break again.

I have a twin tuner but as far as i know it is working fine because when the record does work I am able to view other channels without affecting the working recording.

Hopefully someone can help me as I watch 99% of my it as recording.
 
How have you your tuner configs set?
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration?
 
Tuner A says exactly:

BCM7356DVB-S2 NIM(internal) DVB S-2 (single)
Single
Sats: 28.2E Eutelsat 28a..Astra 1N/2A/2F

Tuner B is as above (identical)

When i click into them

Tuner A:
Congifg Simple
Mode Single
Satalite Sats: 28.2E Eutelsat 28a..Astra 1N/2A/2F
Send Disecq No

Tuner B is as above too (exactly)
I have a quad LNB and using only 2 of them. . the other 2 are vacant.

I really hope tuner setup is wrong haha.
 
Hi,
This is a driver problem - last two drivers issued by GB have a problem on multiple recordings. You can put older drivers onto the box yourself. The exact problem was spotted by another user. The linked thread will give you all the info you need to fix this until a driver update is issued. Yay remember that once you update online you will need to put the old drivers back on again.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=33581


Tapatalker
 
remember that once you update online you will need to put the old drivers back on again.
Just to note - I rolled back to the old driver and have updated online twice since then. Both times it didn't upgrade the driver.
 
Just to note - I rolled back to the old driver and have updated online twice since then. Both times it didn't upgrade the driver.
Thanks.
I updated yesterday or Friday night, tested four recordings and two failed. FTP'ed the older drivers, tested again and fixed.

Unless new drivers were added to the very latest build? I haven't updated today though green light is there. Will check change log.


Tapatalker
 
Last edited:
Just to note - I rolled back to the old driver and have updated online twice since then. Both times it didn't upgrade the driver.

Just updated to 805 and tested 4 recordings and, as you say, all worked fine. Drivers are 2013-11-15. Strange as I thought they were in 802 also. Anyway, thanks again.


Tapatalker
 
Don't take the driver date from Menu/Information as gospel - you're probably still running the drivers from earlier in November, the upgrade doesn't overwrite them (unless there is a new driver released, I suppose)
 
I've just done an online update to build 805 and tried to do 4 recordings simultaneously the first time it recorded all 4 recordings as expected.

On the 2nd attempt 1 recording worked and the other 3 recordings failed with zero times.

So the fault must exist on the 15.11.13 drivers too.

Does anyone know if this fault has been acknowledged in the gigablue support forums? I don't speak German so haven't really spent much time on there as the English section doesn't seem to be very active.
 
I've just done an online update to build 805 and tried to do 4 recordings simultaneously the first time it recorded all 4 recordings as expected.

On the 2nd attempt 1 recording worked and the other 3 recordings failed with zero times.

So the fault must exist on the 15.11.13 drivers too.

Does anyone know if this fault has been acknowledged in the gigablue support forums? I don't speak German so haven't really spent much time on there as the English section doesn't seem to be very active.

Not sure - like you I find it difficult on their forum but post something there later. GB were releasing drivers almost every day at one point so a month from the last release may show they are unaware.

Over the past few updates (previous to 805) I have tested the recordings and they failed. I tried the drivers from the 14th and 15th and they did not work. I then FTP'ed the older drivers.

805 is the first recent build that allowed 4 recordings and I did think it strange as the drivers are 15th. Maybe I got lucky, like you, on the first attempt. I will try again later, thanks.


Tapatalker
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top