Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Red Recording LED light not working

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rayne
  • Start date Start date
R

Rayne

Guest
The red LED light that shows when a programme is recording no longer works. Only got the Nano 2 Super about a month ago - but don't really want to return it.

The light doesn't work at all (even during the start-up when it should be blinking). When I switch the box on from the back it slightly flickers once but that's it.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and not a settings/software issue?

Any advice on what I need to do to get the LED working again? Should I manually replace/send back to Technomate?

Cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Rayne, I have moved your thread here. Just add the image details to your response.
 
contact supplier about it and they know about it if its well known or guide you forward.:thumbsup:
 
Cheers Abu.

Guys - the missing red light appears to be a bug.

I upgraded to Vix 131 and the red recording light stops working (doesn't even come up during start-up). I downgraded to Vix build 121 (my previous version) and the red light has now returned.

Can anyone verify?
 
There have been quite a few driver updates to the TM's. That may be the cause. Can you backup your image, flash an older image and test? YOu can then reflash your backup.
 
There have been quite a few driver updates to the TM's. That may be the cause. Can you backup your image, flash an older image and test? YOu can then reflash your backup.

Not sure how to back up the image (embarassed..I'll learn one day:rolleyes:).

I just did a fresh flash of Vix 121 (which was the original image I was using) and the red light works absolutely fine.

Suggests to me that the red light issue has occured somewhere between 121 & 131
 
Not sure how to back up the image (embarassed..I'll learn one day:rolleyes:).

I just did a fresh flash of Vix 121 (which was the original image I was using) and the red light works absolutely fine.

Suggests to me that the red light issue has occured somewhere between 121 & 131

Press blue button, ViX, and in Backup Manager you just press the green button to create a backup of all the settings etc. Easy Ppppeeeaaassssey. lol
 
@Rayne, as you have flashed an older image and confirmed its not a hardware fault, best to assume it is indeed a driver issue.

I'll email TM and let them know.
 
@Rayne, as you have flashed an older image and confirmed its not a hardware fault, best to assume it is indeed a driver issue.

I'll email TM and let them know.

Woah - hold fire...the red light seems to have stopped working on Vix 121 now...this is very strange because it was working when I posted the earlier message confirming it was working.

The wife is watching tv - let me play around some more when she's done and will report back..

EDIT: Ok - now it does seem to be working fine. Not sure what happened there, but will keep an eye on it over the next few hours
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - spent well in to the night playing with this. For anyone interested - this is what happened:

Full flash from Vix 121 to Vix 131
Vix 131 not showing red recording LED

Full flash back to Vix 121
Red LED reappears

Full flash back to 131
Recording LED starts working again

Not sure why or what happened - but the red light does seem to be working ok.

On a seperate note (and perhaps suggesting a corrupt flashing?) I have found Vix 131 to be slightly tempermental - thing such as the red light not working and freezing the programme at random points.

Anyways - all seems to be working well now, so fingers crossed!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top