Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] Restoring a backup while updating leaves a file "unrestored".

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,598
Reaction score
119
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
I've just updated to 3.2-007. In the process a backup was done. I've always assumed that this was so it could be automatically restored after the update. Am I wrong?

It's just that I edit the /etc/tuxbox/timezone.xml file so that I end up with a timezone of Europe/London rather than Europe/Dublin (which matters to me as I end up using the command line a lot and I don't like it being wrong by being tied to the perverse Windows timezones.)
But after the update the file has reverted to the OpenVix standard, even though my modified version has been included in the update.

FWIW, there are actually two copies of timezone.xml on the system, as /usr/share/enigma2/timezone.xml also exists. The two files have a few differences, too.

EDIT: mind you - it now appears that neither file is involved in setting the /etc/localtime link, so I'll need to find what is...

EDIT (2): actually one might be. But it (the link) only gets added if it's not there....
 
Last edited:
I've just updated to 3.2-007. In the process a backup was done. I've always assumed that this was so it could be automatically restored after the update. Am I wrong?
An update is an update. No backup is restored.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top