Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] rewind live TV

  • Thread starter Thread starter trapdoor berk
  • Start date Start date
T

trapdoor berk

Guest
Hi,

I've seen a few posts saying I have to enable timeshift for the live TV rewind to work. I've looked in System/Timeshift setting, but I can't really see which setting I need to select, it all looks on to me..

Can anyone advise which setting I need to look at to make live TV rewind to work please?

Thanks in advance.
 
Either start time shifting manually by pressing the pause button (and then play to continue watching later) or look for a setting that will auto-start timeshift after x minutes on a channel.

It wouldn't make sense to have time-shift "always on", as this would increase HDD/stick tear & wear and zapping times dramatically.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
 
Thanks, I did see a setting for "auto-start timeshift after x minutes on a channel" so I set it to 5 mins, but didn't seem to make a difference. I'll try it again later.
 
Hi,

I've seen a few posts saying I have to enable timeshift for the live TV rewind to work. I've looked in System/Timeshift setting, but I can't really see which setting I need to select, it all looks on to me..

Can anyone advise which setting I need to look at to make live TV rewind to work please?

Thanks in advance.

Take another look in Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings - 'Automatically start timeshift after' - should currently show Disabled (default). Right arrow button will scroll this setting through seconds and minutes options.

Try 5 seconds initially. Check that the remaining options suit your requirements, adjust accordingly then Green button to save and exit.

As Space Rat has pointed out, enabling this setting, which is generally referred to as Permanent Timeshift or PTS, means that your HDD is permanently spinning. Although hard drives are very reliable these days, they can and do fail.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, only noticed we didn't have it after nearly a month away from the Sky box. On the old box you could rewind all the way back from when you changed the channel.

Understand about the stress on the drive, but drives are pretty cheap these days to replace and like you say more reliable.
 
I have the same problem on my Solo2 using the latest image 4.02.021, I shall also try as you suggested.
 
It's not only the tear and wear of the HDD, it's also about it's noise.

And not every receiver can take 3.5" HDDs of which I got a whole pile in reserve (From multiple NAS upgraded to 6TB HDDs).
For many newer ones you are forced to buy the more expensive 2.5" ones.

And then we have that question what to do with the time shift when you zap away.
You can disable that, but I prefer to have it so that I do not destroy my wife's timeshift buffer by accident.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
 
Take another look in Menu/Setup/System/Timeshift settings - 'Automatically start timeshift after' - should currently show Disabled (default). Right arrow button will scroll this setting through seconds and minutes options.

Try 5 seconds initially. Check that the remaining options suit your requirements, adjust accordingly then Green button to save and exit.

As Space Rat has pointed out, enabling this setting, which is generally referred to as Permanent Timeshift or PTS, means that your HDD is permanently spinning. Although hard drives are very reliable these days, they can and do fail.

Mine was disabled as standard too. Just reactivated again. Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top