Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Samba and Telnet services keep stopping

machare

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2011
Messages
339
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Why might the Samba and Telnet network services keep stopping despite being set to Autostart?

Appears to be a new problem for me with Vix 5.0

Happens on Extrend ET9000 and Octagon SF4008. I keep finding the services are not running for no obvious reason.

If a receive locks up and wont respond to the remote or telnet, is there anything that can be done to find out what has gone wrong?
 
Ssh to the box and check/post the output of the commands
dmesg
and
cat /var/log/messages

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
 
Thank you. I have done that and it looks like the ET9000 has killed the smbd process due to lack of memory. There is no swap file.
Should I create a swap file? If so do you happen to know the correct commands?
 
The manual steps (via ssh or telnet) are the same as on any other Linux distro.
But afaik, OpenViX also has a swap manager somewhere inside its menu.
 
It has occured to me, that perhaps I should not run telent, as I can always use SSH instead.
 
Happens on Extrend ET9000 and Octagon SF4008. I keep finding the services are not running for no obvious reason.
Dunno about the ET9000 RAM size, maybe that one needs a swap file, but I've never seen Samba stop for no apparent reason on the SF4008 (or any other of my boxes) under OpenATV and that's the same Samba.
None of my boxes has a swap file.


It has occured to me, that perhaps I should not run telent, as I can always use SSH instead.
That's a matter of taste :)
Personally I use SSH (using key auth, not password login) only, never telnet.
But for "home" use, telnet is perfectly ok.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top