Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] Samba not installing

Do you use Openvix? I really do not understand how any package can be lost in a fresh installation.
 
Do you use Openvix? I really do not understand how any package can be lost in a fresh installation.

Yes, I have used OpenVix since May 2020. It’s never happened before.

Nor me although I can only assume that some bits are left behind (I did not wipe the drive as we have lots of recordings). To be clear this was done using image manager and then saying no to restore settings.

HB
 
Thank you but this fails too:

Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.6/vuuno4kse/vuuno4k se/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-vuuno4kse'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.6/vuuno4kse/vuuno4k se_3rdparty/Packages.gz.
* opkg_download_backend: Failed to download http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/open vix/release/6.6/vuuno4kse/vuuno4kse_3rdparty/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
root@vuuno4kse:~# opkg install packagegroup-base-smbfs-server
Installing samba (4.15.13) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.6/vuuno4kse/cortexa 15hf-neon-vfpv4/samba_4.15.13-r5_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk.
Installing packagegroup-base-smbfs-server (1.0) on root.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.6/vuuno4kse/vuuno4k se/packagegroup-base-smbfs-server_1.0-r0_vuuno4kse.ipk.
Configuring samba.
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/samba.
Starting Samba: smbd/usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libnet api.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
wsdd.
Configuring packagegroup-base-smbfs-server.
root@vuuno4kse:~#

How do I create/correct smbd/usr/sbin/smbd using PuTTY so I can try again please?

Thanks
HB

Can you try opkg update those feed URLs don't seem to be correct showing 404 error

Edit

On the URL you have vuuno4kse/vuuno4k I'm not sure if this should just be vuuno4kse
 
Last edited:
Yes, I have used OpenVix since May 2020. It’s never happened before.

Nor me although I can only assume that some bits are left behind (I did not wipe the drive as we have lots of recordings). To be clear this was done using image manager and then saying no to restore settings.

HB

So, I suspect you did not performed a totally fresh installation.
Using Image Manager it does not delete the old image entirely I'm afraid.
In my opinion, download the 6.6.009 installer and put it on a USB stick, then perform a totally clean installation. This does not erase your hard drive, so you will not loose any recording.
 
So, I suspect you did not performed a totally fresh installation.
Using Image Manager it does not delete the old image entirely I'm afraid.
In my opinion, download the 6.6.009 installer and put it on a USB stick, then perform a totally clean installation. This does not erase your hard drive, so you will not loose any recording.

Flashing via image manager should flash a clean image similar to usb flash. Only difference would be USB flash will delete partitions if using vu+ multiboot other slots will be removed.

Vix 6.6.010 has been released so I would try that.
 
Last edited:
Flashing via image manager should flash a clean image similar to usb flash. Only difference would be USB flash will delete partitions if using vu+ multiboot other slots will be removed.

Vix 6.6.010 has been released so I would try that.

Same I’m afraid.

HB
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top