Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Samba: problem copying files larger than 4GB

timberland

New member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
62
Samba: problem copying files larger than 2GB

Hi everyone,

My first post here, so please accept my apologies if I forgot something. I have this weird issue where, whenever I try to copy a file from my VU+ Ultimo 4K to my Mac's hard drive, it fails after 4GB (I/O error) while files under 2GB copy perfectly.
It also worked before when I was using a BlackHole image.

So are there any parameters I should tweak/look for in the samba configuration files to fix this ?

Thank you already !


Daniel
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone,

My first post here, so please accept my apologies if I forgot something. I have this weird issue where, whenever I try to copy a file from my VU+ Ultimo 4K to my Mac's hard drive, it fails after 4GB (I/O error) while files under 2GB copy perfectly.
It also worked before when I was using a BlackHole image.

So are there any parameters I should tweak/look for in the samba configuration files to fix this ?
If the actual file-system is on the Mac you're not using Samba (a server process) on the Vix box - you'll be using the cifs kernel module.

It might be that there are options on the Mac to allow 64-bit file-sizes?
 
Thank you both for your replies. I can copy larger files from othe SMB servers and it only started happening after I changed from BlackHole to OpenVIX, so there must be a difference. The Mac hasn't changed.

As for AFP, I tried installing it from the Network->Utilities menu but it only says it will restart the box and it does, but after that it is not installed and I can install it again but with the same result.

I'll keep digging !

Thanks again !

Daniel
 
Same problem on vu+ solo2 with latest openvix. Can't copy files lager than 2gb and afp can't be installed. Tried install open-vpn but after install it can't be started.
Returned to 5.1 version, that one worked before the update to latest openvix, but now it doesn't anymore.
Haven't tried update without restore yet.

Tia.
 
Last edited:
The only solution I found was to use FTP but it is not very convenient...
 
I'll try that. If that works, it's better than nothing.
Thanks.
 
You're welcome ! P.S. I use Transmit on the Mac for that.

Daniel
 
My problem was the other way round. Couldn't upload more than 2GB to the box. "Transmit" was also the solution for me :cool:
 
No idea whether this is related, but...

Code:
 https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/0ebae8cad82312410b69ca8f3472831747c76fdd

The comment says, "Also fix 2 GB limit due to previously broken waf-answer-files".
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top