Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

SAT>IP Server Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter elsmandino
  • Start date Start date
E

elsmandino

Guest
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this is not the best place to start this thread - please let me know if it would be better placed elsewhere.

I am in need of a SAT>IP server but am not sure which one to go for.

There are a few models out there and, to make things more tricky, there are some models being sold under different brand names. Furthermore, lots of the reviews of these devices seem to be in German, where they seem really popular.

These seem to be the three that pop up the most frequently:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megasat-SA...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MGAPQF7Q8DFF1DX5E4TT

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triax-3101...ie=UTF8&qid=1504615820&sr=8-1&keywords=SAT>IP

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/944064/Sat-IP-server-Telestar-DIGIBIT-R-1

Any advice on what to pick (or indeed avoid) would be much appreciated.
 
If E2:
I tried a few of these SAT>IP servers with my Enigma receivers and although the SAT>IP plugin did work with some of the MIPS boxes, it failed miserably with my ARM receivers.
ALso judging by recent comments on another forum, there seems to be a question as to whether the plugin works or is still maintained.
There are also a few Q's about the reliability of some these servers.
In the end I went for a FBC tuner receiver which acts as a C/S server for other E2 receivers ..... and works very well. A better solution than the SAT>IP route for me.
 
Apologies - I should have provided a bit of background about my setup in my original post.

I have an x86-based server, running Openmediavault, that contains a dual DVB-T tuner and a single DVB-S2 tuner.

The server contains a number of hardddrives and recording are scheduled and made via TVHeadend.

The server is connected to various Raspberry Pi clients via a Gigabit network.

I have decided that I don't really need DVB-T anymore, so thought I would go with a quad DVB-S2 SAT>IP tuner rather than a regular DVB-S2 tuner card (part of the problem is that TBS do the only available quad satellite card and Linux support for them is best avoided).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top