Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Script help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darmeth
  • Start date Start date
@ccs - thanks dude! Your comment about "not creating a Linux file" solved the issue. I forgot rule 101 - always transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode. I feel like a dunce!:cool:

Sleep works / init 4 / init 3 works / settings updated...finally!

Thank you all for your patience and kind assistance.
 
@ccs - thanks dude! Your comment about "not creating a Linux file" solved the issue. I forgot rule 101 - always transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode. I feel like a dunce!:cool:
But a script file is an ASCII file, so you could also create it as a DOS file and transfer in ASCII mode.
The actual rule is to transfer in the correct mode.

Sleep works / init 4 / init 3 works / settings updated...finally!
But the init command will also abort any recording in progress at the time.
 
Cheers Birdman. Long day! Was thinking 'always ASCII, never Binary' and typed that pile of garbage! Should read:

[STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] never transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode.
 
Double-checking on previous post...ACSII technically is correct, as it is a text file, BUT, the lack of return carriage causes issues. SH files should definitely be FTP'd in BINARY mode if no '\n' is specified. I've retested using both ASCII and BINARY - ASCII file gives errors when script is run. BINARY mode works with no errors. ASCII will work if return carriage is specified in the script (which I did not on original).
 
Double-checking on previous post...ACSII technically is correct, as it is a text file, BUT, the lack of return carriage causes issues. SH files should definitely be FTP'd in BINARY mode if no '\n' is specified.
They should be transferred as binary iff you have created then as Unix text file.
If you've created them as Windows/DOS text files you'll need to use ASCII.

(I don't have the issue as I'd create them on a Linux system if I didn't create them on the box itself in the first place).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top