Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Second Hard Drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter lscolman
  • Start date Start date
L

lscolman

Guest
Hi,
Due to having lots of blu ray rips on my 4Tb internal drive, I need a bit more space.

My options are,

a) put a 6Tb drive into the Duo2
b) buy a 2 or 4Tb external drive
c) buy a NAS with an additional drive and use that.

With regards option b, I'm wondering if there are any issues in connecting a second drive to either the USB or eSata ports on the Duo2.

I would prefer something that is powered only when the Duo2 is on, so I suppose that limits me to a 2Tb 2.5" drive via USB.

Anyone have experience with running an external drive able to comment on their experiences?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee
 
Hi I have a wd my book live 2tb connected to my vu solo 2 and solo se works fine I can access my films no probs. make sure if u setup a second hdd not to set it to replace hdd in the setup menu

Hope this helps
 
Hi Clyde,
Is that a second drive you are plugging into USB, so you have two drives?

Cheers, Lee
 
Which internal 4 tb are you currently using?
I'm in the same boat & considering 6tb wd green
 
If you have the money buy a NAS system.
 
Ive got a 4Tb WD Green. 6Tb is a lot to lose in one go.

I'm looking around at suitable NAS drives. Will need to research if Wake on lan is an option.

Cheers, Lee
 
hi lee

the wd my book live is connected into my router i just scan network and create a mount on solo se and solo2. i can access all my films thru the recording button on the remote just select location mybooklive
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top