Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Selecting 1080p causes crash on build 390

No mention of duo in your thread title.. But anyway..

Its been a while since i owned a duo.. but as far as i am aware.. the duo is not a 1080p box..

Its 1080i..

Please correct me if i am wrong..
 
Duo does not support 1080P.
I noticed 1080P was on the list of resolutions after a recent update just before I sold my Duo and when I tried it I had a crash too (I kinda expected it as the box cannot output 1080p)
Quad does support 1080p and I tested it yesterday with a 1080P MKV and the quality was outstanding :cool:

Max on the Duo is 1080i
 
The DUO does support 1080p, and always has.
I have used the 1080p output quite often, using the AutoResolution-Plugin.
 
I am using the AutoResolution Plugin and I am certain that my 1080p movies are being played back in full 1080p as my TV is detecting it as 1080p 24fps.

Try setting your output to 1080P and see what happens ;)

A software plugin does NOT change physical hardware :D
 
the tv is detecting that format for a reason.

if it was 1080i the tv would detect a 1080i signal, hence its detecting a 1080p/24 stream coming from the box.
 
AFAIK the Quad is the only box that can output 1080p (thats why the others crash :( )
 
the tv is detecting that format for a reason.

if it was 1080i the tv would detect a 1080i signal, hence its detecting a 1080p/24 stream coming from the box.

There is a popup giving two bits of info :)
The 1st line is the file content resolusion and the 2nd line is the output resolution sent to the TV. The popup isn't displayed too long so it is possible misread it.
 
Guys, what a misunderstandings.
Many chipsets, including the BM750 used for the DUO & Twin, do really support 1080p. That's hardware support, as CPU lacks the power to re-code. And I actually had the Twin running on 1080p, even via component. The used TV reports that neatly.
Having said that, there's of course no reason to use that as default output, as all tv-contents is max. 1080i, and 'upscaling' (if you want to call recoding 1080i to 1080p that) is of course not done. You can't possibly gain anything by that.
And that; s where the autoresolution plugin pops in: ideally it is setup to let the output match the input. That gives absolutely the best picture; the drawback is that the TV will have to switch when the box outputs a different resolution, which will take some time.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top