Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H9S] ServiceApp Players Missing

avi68

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7.017
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
Hi all,

I recently updated my boxes and I noticed that serviceapp is no longer working on my Zgemma H9s. When I go into the serviceapp settings, it shows that none of the external players are installed. This wasnt the case before.
I tried to find the external players from the plugin menu but couldnt find it.

Does anyone know where I can find the players to install?

Thank you
 
Telnet sessions e.g. with putty
opkg update
opkg install gstplayer
opkg install exteplayer3
 
Well, the user installed from plugins (I assume from msg) - so might have been something to do with plugins installed changes - hopefully thats now fixed so need to wch if it or similar happens
 
Well, the user installed from plugins (I assume from msg) - so might have been something to do with plugins installed changes - hopefully thats now fixed so need to wch if it or similar happens
I don't think so. I manually re-installed ServiceApp from the plugins menu on dev, but gstplayer is not installed automatically. I think exteplayer3 was, though.
 
gstplayer has never been installed by default. That is like that from ages. Only exteplayer3 is installed together with serviceapp.
 
gstplayer has never been installed by default. That is like that from ages. Only exteplayer3 is installed together with serviceapp.
Thanks @DimitarCC - I do recall having to install gstplayer when I was testing the DAB+ extensions. exteplayer3 works for me for most IP streams in any case.
 
Like others have said, gstplayer was never automatically installed when serviceapp has been installed. exteplayer was always installed when serviceapp was installed but for some reason at the time it never installed exteplayer.
 
I wonder if I might be so bold as to ask a question here. I have ServiceApp installed with the correct players present but my problem is that they will not playback my recordings, these are .ts files recorded directly from the SB onto a HDD. I have tried everything that I can find out online but not been successful.
Any suggestions or help much appreciated, I have an Anadol Eco V2 E2 SB running OpenAtv 7.6 image, I hope nobody is offended.
 
We are not going to debug ServiceApp on OpenATV. The enigma2 code and the serviceapp code both come from completely different repos to those used by OpenViX.
 
I wonder if I might be so bold as to ask a question here. I have ServiceApp installed with the correct players present but my problem is that they will not playback my recordings, these are .ts files recorded directly from the SB onto a HDD. I have tried everything that I can find out online but not been successful.
Any suggestions or help much appreciated, I have an Anadol Eco V2 E2 SB running OpenAtv 7.6 image, I hope nobody is offended.
...nobody is offended - but even if we looked at this it probably means ploughing through an OpenATV debug log and that is a real pain and a lot of effort.
 
So is that it or can anyone offer any pointers at all, it is much appreciated. Thank you again
 
So is that it or can anyone offer any pointers at all, it is much appreciated. Thank you again
Well its openatv, so are the recorded files encrypted (atv allows files to be later decrypted). Also if they are just straight ts files why do you need serviceapp? … are the ts files sat recordings or ?
 
So is that it or can anyone offer any pointers at all, it is much appreciated. Thank you again
The other thing you could do is pm me with a link to one of your .ts files and I will try to see it plays or not and if not why.
 
Apologies for the very late reply, I haven't been able to post as busy with other projects.
Thank you to all for your help, I have now solved the issue described above.
I don't use ServiceApp instead use the native set up in OpenAtv 7.6 and all is well now.
Again apologies for not replying earlier.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top