Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] serviceapp plugin crash

warrenr2

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
61
Hi, I tried the serviceapp plugin enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp at 5.0.11 and the plugin failed to load properly at Menu/Plugins. I had to do an opkg update to download the plugin so I accept it may be caused by being out of sync repo wise. I was just wondering three things before I upgrade to 5.0.16:

1. Is anyone happily using the serviceapp and exteplayer3 for iptv streams at 5.0.16 ?

2. Have they found it has improved the overall experience of .ts iptv streams ?

3. Does anyone have a better experience using a plugin that can integrate into bouquets via a service ref ?

Currently using the default player in enigma2 the performance is much worse than playing the same stream on my laptop using vlc.
 
Just thought I'd post an update here.

Upgraded to 5.020 yesterday and the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp works fine, I have now changed my default player for streams (#SERVICE 4097) to exteplayer3 Menu/Setup/System/Serviceapp.

I have a number of iptv streams arriving as .ts and exteplayer3 seems to handle these much better than the default gstplayer. I think this worth considering for people looking to integrate satellite and iptv into bouquets, I've only been using it 24 hours but it's noticeably better.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top