Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Setting up your external USB HDD with your Solo the easy way!

Is there a list of compatable hdd's for the solo? can someone please point me in the right direction? I am using a seagate 500 gb external desktop but it works for a couple of days, then I have to reboot for recording to work again? Thank you in advance.
 
Thank you for your reply, the only problem is it it not not easy to see which hdd's listed are external powered hdd, I can not use an internal hdd as the solo does not support this, can anyone who has used a solo with an external powered please let me know which one worked? Thanks
 
Mounting was hell easy, but I never made the paths as described in this thread. Wasn't neccesary. It just worked after initialising.

However I can not delete programmed recordings...

I rebooted, restarted, took power off, deleted, reflashed and all, recordings keep comming back.

This is what happens:

1. I program a recording (regardless if I 'add timer' or 'configure auto-timer' both have the same issue)
2. I delete this recording (I check the list and it isn't there anymore)
3. I program a new recording
4. The old recording pop backs into the list

This will keep happening untill the recording is actually fullfilled or I flash the box.
So I can't get my old recordings deleted basically because everytime I add a new recording the old delted ones pop back into the list.

I run the latest VIX image on my Solo and use a 80GB ext. HDD. Timeshift and the actual recording (of both new and deleted programmed tasks...) work just fine.
 
Dear sjattuh bro,I have just purchased VU+solo.Do you help me for setting and updates?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

ive followed sicillian's tutorial and after ALOT of fiddling and retrying ive managed to get it set up a bit i think...

BUT... at first i could record but not use timeshift, but now i can use timeshift ok but whenever i try to record, i get a green screen crash notification and the system reboots quickly and returns without sound! if i change the channel, sound comes back... but its not letting me record now.. any suggestions?
 
Hey all
I've been struggling to set up an external HDD on my mates Solo. I had to initialise it using the original image. Then I flashed the box with VIX 2.3. Telnet into box to make the recording directory as in step 6 with command "mkdir /media/usb/movie" I then get a message saying something along the lines of "can't make directory"
I've tried a few times with the same result. When i go into menu as in step 8 "8. Press Menu > Setup > System > Recording paths > Highlight Defualt movie location" Recording paths isn't there in 2.3, it was in the previous image as we tried to do this last week with the earlier image.

I can see the drive in mount manager if that helps but i'm a bit stuck what to try next. It is showing as being formatted as EXT 3.

Do I need to go back to the original image and mount it as per this instruction tutorial or should I be able to get it working in VIX 2.3?

Any help would be most welcome

Many thanks in advance
micscave
 
hi all
what the best imaje for vu+solo?
thancks for all and sory for bade english
 
thanks scillian,

I Followed your instructions

however,after my first attempt i got the green screen and it kept rebooting.

i reinstalled my image vix2.2, reconnected my hdd, iomega 500Gb and all is great.
the only difference is i created my path is a different directory.

Thanks.
 
Im trying to telnet to my solo box im leaving password blank keep getting message saying login incorrect
 
User name is Root im leaving password blank keeping getting message saying login incorrect
 
if your using ViX

menu > plugins > green button > system plugins > setpasswd ( install this ).

Then

menu > setup > system > change root password.

you can change the default password to what ever you like and use that password for ftp/ telnet etc.
 
Hi Guys,

This one is causing me a headache.

Im using latest vix image on my solo

Ive got a 1tb hardrive which I took sicilians advice and formatted on my pc to ntfs, this is my current situation:

The hardive now records and also pauses when pressed however it will not let me enable permanent timeshift, when I try and turn this on I get the following " the media/hdd is not a ext2,ext3,ext4,or nfs partiton, please select a valid partition.

However this must be a valid partition as it lets me record and pause etc!!!!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance
 
To use the PTS feature the device in your case HDD must be formatted to ext3 or ext4 This is best done via the receiver it self using the initialization option. you will of course loose any data currently on the HDD as a result of this process.
 
To use the PTS feature the device in your case HDD must be formatted to ext3 or ext4 This is best done via the receiver it self using the initialization option. you will of course loose any data currently on the HDD as a result of this process.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply:

I tried to initialize via the box in the first place however I got the message not enough memory when trying to set up superblock whatever that is?

Any ideas?
 
Hi,

Thanks for the reply:

I tried to initialize via the box in the first place however I got the message not enough memory when trying to set up superblock whatever that is?

Any ideas?


To be honest i'm not sure, but as i said as far as i know you can only use PTS from a Linux formatted device, you can still record to and play media from a windows formatted device just will not able to use PTS.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top