Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

catseye

V.I.P
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
294
Reaction score
54
Points
0
Location
Middle England
He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
18 Actuator
Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
Moteck v box positioner
& of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
Option 1 Service Searching
Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
DiSEqc Mode 1.2
Use Usals for this sat no
Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps
 
Yes, the Positioner plugin is not working good on Vu+ so it's better as you say to store the positions directly with the positioners remote control and the define the position for each satellite under tuner configuration in Enigma2
 
Sorry to hijack your thread Catseye, but you post how the v box positioner is set up please as I'm thinking of buying one to hook up to an old DM7020.
 
I have the Gbox V500 positioner which is the best i've tried, i had Vbox2 before that and wasn't satisfied with it.

You just use the remote for the positioner and move the dish with and then you press store on the remote and then you press the number you want it stored at x, example STORE -010 - STORE, then Astra2D is store on position 010.

Then you goto in tuner configuration and choose Diseqc mode 1.2 and then in the end of the list there is an option for USE USALS? you change to NO, then you have a new line below which says what position this satellite should be stored at, you just type 010 and then save and exit.

So next time you choose Astra2D it will move automatically to position 010.

Do this for all other sats you want to configure with unique position number for each sat, you can store up to 32 sats, which means 32 positions, it starts at 001 and ends at 032
 
What should tuner B be set at for a motorised dish with actuator and gbox positioner with single feed lnb I am using the pli image.

Thanks z4
 
thanks, I've got it going with your help, cheers!

D

Now onto WebTV...box is visible etc but "no video" at the moment...!
 
I believe there is a problem with Vu+Duo positioner functionality.

I have an EDON 2150 positioner on my Channelmaster C120 dish connected to Vu+Duo and it seems to work incorrectly when moving between remote positions. It works fine for example when moving from 13E to 19E but stops somewhere in the middle when going from 28E to 30W. It looks like some timeout happens or circuit overload protection. I have also noticed that it moves better (further) East than West.

The same configuration works perfectly fine with DM800 connected.

I have tried to play with "Satellite equipment setup" plugin settings (bottom 2 lines) but doing so makes Vu+Duo very unstable and rebooting with "green" screen when moving positions.
I have tried VTI and VTX images and the same problem exist with both!

Anyone here has positive experience setting up positioner with Vu+Duo?

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Alexander aka Satbeams
DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
CM C120 45W-...-57E
Gibertini-125 40E
T90
Code:
http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.
 
I have all the positions stored too with DM800 and I copied all the settings from dm800 image directly to Vu+Duo settings file. All the positions look correct for all the birds if I browse them through the menu.
As I said the only problem is that the motor only moves between close positions. When the dish needs to go longer way - it stops in the middle of nowhere. When I connect DM800 back it moves the dish without any problems!

I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.
 
How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.
 
Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.

How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.
 
Does not seem to work still.
I have tried all the settings for tuner B. With Tuner B equal to A the motor does not move at all and with all others - the same result - stops in the middle!

Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.
 
ttalex;20784 I have tried to play with "Satellite equipment setup" plugin settings (bottom 2 lines) but doing so makes Vu+Duo very unstable and rebooting with "green" screen when moving positions. I have tried VTI and VTX images and the same problem exist with both! Alexander aka Satbeams DM800 said:
http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html[/code]

Seems strange they haven't bothered to fix the Satellite equipment plugin yet, i tested many months ago and gave up because of all green screens so i am using the positioner as separate instead.
 
Why don't you give the plugin another try, Likvid? You've got basically the same positioner as I have (mine's just got more memorised positions), and I have no problems at all using ViX 1.1 (or any other recent image). We might find out whether Alexander's problem is related to his positioner rather than the receiver. (At least, we may go some way to establishing whether the positioner plugin only works with some boxes and not others - although, if they are all supposed to be diseqc 1.2 compatible it's a mystery why one should be "more compatible" than another.)
 
I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.
 
I have posted this issue on multiple forums as well! I have the exact same problem, I store my positions and then the dish does not move correctly! sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have to reset the box about 20 times a day to get it to work. This problem started for me when I flashed the latest images, i have tried VTI VTX and PLI. The only support I got was to use USALS instead. I have tried every tuner combination and changed LNB's. The problem only started for me when I reflashed a few weeks ago.

I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.
 
by the way, i am not using an external positioner, just motor connected to receiver
 
Am having problems with positioning and is quite frustrating. The Vuo+ Duo is supposed to be easy and simple to use, but if it won't move properly between satellites then obviously there is a serious problem with the box that needs fixing. >:(
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top