Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

Hi,
Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA
 
Hi,
Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA

Try setting Tuner B equal to tuner A.
 
How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?
Set tuner B as "second cable of motorized LNB".
 
Thats ok for Diseqc motor, but not for use with a external positioner.
Can you explain why you think that?

"Tuner B equal to tuner A" would need two identical but independent motorised aerial systems.
 
Last edited:
When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?
 
When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?
It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.
 
Last edited:
It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.

I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.
 
I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.
It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.
 
It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.

I don't have any remote control because i have the Aston Satseeker, it's totally dependent of the receiver commands.
 
I have solved the problem now, i had to RESET the Satseeker positioner, now it moves small steps as it should.
 
I have an existing motorised set up, Manhattan ST500 receiver with built in 36v positioner, Jaeger Gold motor and 88cm dish. I am wanting to add a VU+ to this setup using the Manhattan positioner to move the dish and lnb loopthrough to the VU+. It is a single lnb setup. As I now sit down and think of how this would work in practice I am starting to have doubts about it's practicality. Has anyone else got a similar setup that could help me out? Thanks in advance.
 
The VU+ duly arrived and I used lnb loopthrough from the Manhattan and it worked but only if the Manhattan was subsequently switched off. I thought about a priority switch but instead went for a Gbox V2000 positioner unit. The Gbox and Vu+ work well together but there is a significant (particularly with the current weather) signal loss to the extent that some weaker transmissions have disappeared (they reappear if I reconnect to the Manhattan). I am not yet able to connect to a network (awaiting wireless dongle) when the VU+ will hopefully give the Manhattan a clean pair of heels but I am initially a little disappointed by the signal loss and the fact that it is a little buggy (I am currently using VTI image having tried original, PLi and Vix) all have suffered with green screen message shutdown/restart or blank screen even on fta German Hot Bird channels.
 
If you are receiving channels better on the Manhattan than the Vu there is a bad connection somewhere. Vu tuner is unbeatable. Also since I switch to VIX 1.3 I haven't had one green screen. Trouble probably is because you are not connected to the network, as the first thing you are supposed to do after installing the image is download the latest updates as these don't contain known green screen bugs.
 
Last edited:
Help unable to add satellite

Hi

I am using Vix 3.0 on my Vu + duo and currently have the following satellites in the box

1 West Thor
Sirius 4.8
7 east Eutelsate
9 East Eutelsat
13east Hotbird
16east Eutelsat
19.2 e Astra
23.5 Astra
28 Astra

But for some reason will not let me add 10east so I can move the dish to this position and then store the satellite

Any ideas

Bit of a novice but done ok so far :)


He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
18 Actuator
Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
Moteck v box positioner
& of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
Option 1 Service Searching
Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
DiSEqc Mode 1.2
Use Usals for this sat no
Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top