Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Ultra] Severe pixelization on most encrypted T2 channels, ok on non-encrypted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tipo874
  • Start date Start date
T

Tipo874

Guest
I have been running one of the last OpenMB (OpenPLi based) (2016-09-22) images on my MB Ultra (T2+S2), and was running older builds when they were still being developed.

As this project is dead, and the repos are gone, I would like to upgrade to something that is actively being supported and was recommended to try OpenVIX, as there is no OpenPLi development for this box.

The install worked fine, and it refused to restore the backup, probably for version issues, so I did a channel scan.

There is massive pixelisation on most DVB-T2(T?) channels, which are not due to tuning to the wrong tower. Some unencrypted HD channels work fine on one mux, while all encrypted channels on the same mux suffers from massive pixelisation.

I have verified that I am using the same frequency as with the OpenMB image.

I have also tried the latest OpenATV and Egami images, all suffer from the same issue, so I assume it is a common issue with the later images.

OpenATV offered to restore the backup from OpenMB, so I did not have to do a channel scan there, so should be the exact same setup as the one working fine on OpenMP

Restoring to OpenMB is a workaround, but I would like to get off this dead end.

I have another MB Ultra (T2+2xS2) in the cabin, but I have not had a chance to try to upgrade that one.

Now that I'm trying to describe the issue there is one thing that may be relevant. The T2 tuner in the box I have problems with was first added to the box in the cabin, which originally came with 2xS2 tuners, and it was suffering from some pixelization when it was installed in that box, but both boxes worked OK when I swapped the T2 tuners between the boxes. Perhaps it is a problem with the new T2 tuner I bought?

Is there anything I can try to debug the issue before I get to the cabin?

Thanks
 
Which T2 channels are encrypted?
 
He is not in the UK.
How many T2 tuners do you have? IF more than one, perhaps you can try and swap them round.
 
Here in Sweden all but a handful of the T/T2 channels are encrypted, and all satellite channels, even the public service channels :(

I have one T2 tuner in each box, and swapping them around solve the initial problem.

I will try to install OpenATV on the other box, which has the "good" tuner. If that works, then I will complain to the seller of the new tuner, it is just a few months old, and had problems right from the start.
 
I have now installed OpenATV on the other box, and it suffers from the same issue.

Flipping through the channels I can make no sense out of the problem. Some encrypted T2 HD channels works fine, while others are completely unusable. On some channels I see just the top 1/4 of the screen changing, with severe pixelization, the bottom part is what was left from the last good channel, so it doesn't even clear the whole screen when changing channel.

This is definitely a software issue as I was using the same lamedb from the working OpenMB image, and this box is in another part of the country, so a different tower.

There must have been some changes related to the Miraclebox Ultra T2 tuner since OpenPLi 5 something, 2016-09-22, as that appears to work fine.

I have tested Egami 7.2.16 as well as OpenVIX 4.2.030, both suffer the same problem. For these images I was doing a channel search, and if I select T2 it will not find any channels on the mux, but with T it will find the T2 channels, and some work, some don't.

Very weird.

I guess I will never be able to run anything newer than the OpenMB image on these.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top