Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF8008] [SF8008] channel searching problem

hi, so are we agreeing we need to edit the sat.xml file, anyone done this and confirm problem is gone 100% after editing the file, or are there still problems

thanks
 
@clive01, you need to do your own testing. Every STB and setup is going to be different.

Remove this transponder and this transponder from satellites.xml and try again.

hi this is a part of my altered sat xml file

<transponder frequency="11595000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2" />
<transponder frequency="11595000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" system="1" modulation="2" />

i scanned this freg, as a test, first time all names etc, then rescanned again, didnt even come out of the tuning menu and this time, correct names etc, so pretty sure it is not the xml at fault here.

I tried a few fregs on 16 east,like this no different sadly, when using the altered sat.xml file
 
How many transponders on 16e are you having a problem with? List them please
 
How many transponders on 16e are you having a problem with? List them please

hi, yes i will do this today, but just to be clear its not just 16 east, 39 east, and 30 west i think also have this issue, maybe more, ill list the ones on 16 east today at some point

thanks for your reply
 
Just stick to 16e for the moment. 11512 and 11595 are the only ones I could find any problem scanning. The signal levels are lower on those transponders.
 
hi yes 11595 and 11512 , if i do a full satellite 16 east scan i get no channel names on these 2 freg, if i go to that freg only scan, i get the channel names, signal is fine, and depending on the type of scan, seems to be the "issue" the dish hasnt moved, getting 94% quailty on th2 11595 freg, other fregs are weaker with no problems

the 11512 freg when i scan it and get the freg in the channel name, i get tune failed, then i scan again, and it in most cases works then, but something i notice, on 11512, there is a channel named 11512h sid 0x46 so my stb is on that channel, i then go into the tuning menu and the stb should be showing that freg, but it isnt, it, instead it is showing 11262 h, in the transponder section.

If i go to say 11636 tv slo, and then go into the tuning menu manual scan, the stb displays that freg 11636, this dont happen on the problem 2 fregs, so it might be a clue, please try it yourself, and see if the same is happening, i hope i explained it so its clear, what im trying to say.

thanks
 
Last edited:
I don't have any of those problems - you must have messed something on your system. When I do a full scan on 16e I get the channels on 11512H about 70% of the time but the channels on 11595H only about 20% of the time. It seems like a problem with the signal (the data may be corrupt).
 
I don't have any of those problems - you must have messed something on your system. When I do a full scan on 16e I get the channels on 11512H about 70% of the time but the channels on 11595H only about 20% of the time. It seems like a problem with the signal (the data may be corrupt).

hi, the dish is 1.2 metre, no ber, 94% in quailty, other sats also effected, ill be amazed if it is anything to do with signal, the LNB was replaced not long ago also.

The dish was lined up, by a guy i know, who use to do satellite motorized installs almost daily, i never get any picture blocking etc, its just the channel names effected.

If others are getting this issue, please comment, i might see if i can hook up a different stb, but i think that is open pli image, so may not be much use.

It has an old image on it, from years ago.

thanks to all who posted
 
I never said your dish was the problem - I meant a problem with the signal. 16e has been an unreliable satellite for years and there may be problems there. Anyway I am not going to test further - my STB drivers don't support dvbsnoop so I can't capture the transponder stream. I you can do it then please do.
 
I never said your dish was the problem - I meant a problem with the signal. 16e has been an unreliable satellite for years and there may be problems there. Anyway I am not going to test further - my STB drivers don't support dvbsnoop so I can't capture the transponder stream. I you can do it then please do.

hi when you said signal i thought you meant the dish, if the problems was only on 16 east, i would say yes 16 east, is not that great, and yes it can be unreliable, but as i said other sats also like this.
Sorry if it came over as i was having a dig at you, it wasnt meant to be that way, but i really dont think it is a signal problem, if others are having problems, please comment,i was just trying to report a bug, i didnt think for 1 moment, this would become a 3 page thread, so thank everyone for there replies.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top