Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

SF8008 won't go past the splash screen

bazzerkap

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

Just recently my SF8008 has refused to boot past the splash screen, It seems to carry on booting showing the counting figures on the front panel, but the screen is blank. This is just after the OCTOGEN splash screen briefly appears.

It seems to be a display resolution issue. My TV is 4K resolution 3440 x 2160. Can anyone help please?

The remote cotrol is dead too.
 
did you flash the box ? There is a bad image circulating on the internet wich kills the startup. When I start my SF8008 I fist see a, Hicon screen
 
No, I didn't flash the box. How do I do this? I was using something like OpenVix firmware
 
download image for your box and extract to usb stick.Then follow the guide to flash
 
To usb flash you want to download the recovery zip to usb.
To online flash use the mmc zip( online flash blue button, choose vix, then imagemanager, download, flash)
 
I am worried that I will lose all my settings and channels if I reflash. So is there any way I can take a back up of these while the display is not working? ie I get just the splash-screen 'OCTOGEN' then a completely blank screen with no response from the remote.
 
I am worried that I will lose all my settings and channels if I reflash. So is there any way I can take a back up of these while the display is not working? ie I get just the splash-screen 'OCTOGEN' then a completely blank screen with no response from the remote.

Have you only one image flashed on the sf8008? Or have you images in other slots?

If not and you have not backed up settings you have a problem.
You can just enter recovery mode and boot to another slot if there is another image or flash a new slot
To get to the recovery menu, use the following procedure:

1. Switch off the box
2. Press and hold any button on the remote control
3. Switch on the box at the power switch
4. After 6-7 seconds, release the button on the remote control
5. then you will enter recovery mode
 
Last edited:
Right, I have not had this box for long so am still setting it up, hence not taken any backups. It is multiboot with OpenVix 6.5 installed as well as the defaulty OS.(Define 7??). Anyway I tried your suggestion and got into recovery mode. Then I selected multiboot and selected the other (default) firmware. It installed it and booted up OK, then it said I need to update this firmware so I again did that OK. Then i decided to go back to try OpenVix and chose it in the multiboot menu, but again, it failed. Would not go past the splash screen.
 
maybe note settings on paper and reflash slot with openvix.If ther is a backup from vix you should be able to restore the settings
 
As per @bellejt …if there is a settings backup the the openvix image will find it
 
Not sure how I would find the backup as OpenVix won't boot up. :-) Maybe I'll see if I can find it in the recovery menu.
 
Not sure how I would find the backup as OpenVix won't boot up. :-) Maybe I'll see if I can find it in the recovery menu.

From recovery if you flash openvix into a slot it will look for a settings backup
 
Aahh, It's good of you all to try and help, I will try that tomorrow. All the best.
 
I might have just flashed a fresh image in spare slot and not used settings back up and start from scratch and see if that works.

Might settings have a corrupt file?
 
Right. I downloaded the recovery ZIP for OpenVIX, extracted the files to a USB stick and inserted it into the box. I then pressed and held the standby button and powered on the box. It showed 'UPDT' on the box and came up with the recovery options menu. I chose the second one, Flash Recovery Image and it started to install, It then asked me if I wished to recover from the backup and i selected yes. Then it got to work and finally came up with the HISILICON splash sceen. There is stayed for a few minutes then a few hours then nothing. A blank screen again exactly as before, I am sure it's a display incompatibility problem as it all seems to go OK with the counting displaying on the box and eventual time showing, but no display? How do I set the resolution etc?
 
try flash with no recovery from backup and see if you get the choice for screen resolution
 
Did that and it came up with a list of resolutions, BUT, the list only displayed for a split second, then disappears with a blank screen. I think the box is faulty to be honest.
 
Solved it! It was my HDMI switcher unit. I have an 8 in 2 out system and everything else I have plugged into it works fine. Just this box won't work. I plugged the box directly into my TV and it came on OK. So far. :-)

I hope to check the channels now but I presume they have all gone after my meddling with it. Sorry to have hindered you.
 
better to ask then never have asked.Solution could help others in the future
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top