Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Sky q complicated issues (questions)

But a quattro LNB would not allow me to keep my legacy ports right?
It depends what type switch you connect to the quattro LNB. You can't connect a quattro LNB directly to a receiver, you have to use a switch. Nothing in your previous posts indicates why you would need "legacy ports". Your xtrend and zgemma will all work off the unicable switch or LNB. I am guessing you have one "tuner card" on your ultimo 4K, so that will take up a maximum of 8 SCR channels.
 
It depends what type switch you connect to the quattro LNB. You can't connect a quattro LNB directly to a receiver, you have to use a switch. Nothing in your previous posts indicates why you would need "legacy ports". Your xtrend and zgemma will all work off the unicable switch or LNB. I am guessing you have one "tuner card" on your ultimo 4K, so that will take up a maximum of 8 SCR channels.

Hmm
I think I'll just leave it as it is.
I was just hoping I can buy a dual lnb holder

http://https://www.******.com/products/Universal-Twin-LNB-Holder.html[/URL

[URL="https://www.satgear.co.uk/td-flexi-block-twin-lnb-holder-300719.html"]https://www.satgear.co.uk/td-flexi-block-twin-lnb-holder-300719.html


https://www.******.com/products/Universal-Twin-LNB-Holder.html
Something like that where I can buy a Unicable lnb in conjunction with my current sky lnb. I was hoping to avoid switches because they sound too complicated.
How do dual LNBs work on satellite dishes then?
 
Last edited:
You can't have two LNBs on the same dish to receive the same satellite. Another dish may be the easier/simpler solution for you if you want to pursue this.

Should you be interested a quattro LNB and switch, there is a switch on ebay, current bid is £1.20. ~4hrs left.
 
You can't have two LNBs on the same dish to receive the same satellite. Another dish may be the easier/simpler solution for you if you want to pursue this.

Should you be interested a quattro LNB and switch, there is a switch on ebay, current bid is £1.20. ~4hrs left.


Oh I get you. I had no idea the position of the lnb had to be the same. I thought as long as the dish is facing the right way it would be possible.
Thanks for your input abu.
Appreciate it.
Sorry for my ignorance in this area and thanks for being patient
 
HI Guys

This is a picture of my old dish the an octo LNB that was used.

Does anyone know if this dish would be unicable compatible? Would it work with this dish or does unicable set ups only work with special dishes?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG20210221095732.webp
    IMG20210221095732.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
I dont have unicable as cables everywhere but unicable will work with this dish, you may need an adaptor for the collar. And if you have a good signal with sky then you will be fine. Unicable are now coming with legacy ports!! to cater for us oldies.

I don't know your box but make sure its compatible with the unicable you buy.
 
I dont have unicable as cables everywhere but unicable will work with this dish, you may need an adaptor for the collar. And if you have a good signal with sky then you will be fine. Unicable are now coming with legacy ports!! to cater for us oldies.

I don't know your box but make sure its compatible with the unicable you buy.


Hi

Erm how would I know I need an adapter and where can I buy them from.
I read from some other forums that apparently the Unicable lnb isn't compatible with sky dishes because it won't fit. Some say you can some some domt but there isn't a way to know for sure.
I would want to buy one and hire someone to install this but if it won't work it would just be a waste of time.

Generally my signal from sky is good.

I plan to use the Unicable lnb with my ultimo 4k fbc satellite receiver
 
Aha, as you will be getting an installer then they will know but SKY dishes are a funny shape and the sky lnb is designed for that dish to get best performance. The collar is not standard but you can get an adapter. The unicable is 40mm collar and this would be the adapter

://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FX7QAPE?tag=duckduckgo-brave-uk-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1[/url]

Your dish looks old so I would advise get a better dish ie a triax, lnb will fit so no adapter.

Make sure your installer knows about unicable..

Do a quick google and you wil get a nice guide on the use of unicable at a forum like linux.

And if you have openvix on your receiver then its easy to set tuners.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top