Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Slow radio switching

thecaretaker

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Location
Southern UK
Website
www.thecaretakers.co.uk
It is not a major problem, but since updating to VIX5.3, the few UK internet radio channels which I have manually added to the userbouquet.favourites.tv file take 20-30 seconds before the channels switch to the channel. This happens if I choose the radio channel from the epg or if I type in the channel number. With previous VIX versions (e.g. 5.2) the radio channels came on almost instantly. When I first installed the new VIX 5.3, I thought the VU had frozen and become unresponsive, but thankfully, I left it on a radio channel and after a while they did start playing and the radio background was displayed. Could it be that VIX 5.3 is creating a much larger cache than previous versions did?

Thought I'd mention it in case it is a bug in the works.

I prefer to use the internet streams as they are a much higher bite rate than those on the satellite. I also add some local channels which aren't available on 28E.

I have attached my current setup in the hope you can take a look. The radio channels are at the end of the userbouquet.favourites.tv file (channel numbers 244-250).

TV channels are no problem. It is only the radio streams.

View attachment vu.zip
 
Mine has always been slow switching to radio
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top