Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Softcam issue?

Surely this is a Vix issue not an Oscam issue?

That's why I wanted to test an Oscam with different config settings - I use Oscam (arm) all the time no issue- and these issues appear to be with the older Mips boxes. Only difference I am aware of is that other images try to minimise flash use for these boxes, which is a short term solution as images continue to grow in size.
 
I have same configuration on my other box with arm processor, Zhemma H9s and no problem at all, problem only on solo 2, tested cccam, and mg camd also, best working one so far is Cccam, that is no need to restart them, as Oscam needs.
 
I have same configuration on my other box with arm processor, Zhemma H9s and no problem at all, problem only on solo 2, tested cccam, and mg camd also, best working one so far is Cccam, that is no need to restart them, as Oscam needs.
This is exactly what I found see post #20
 
Someone I know of watched the Tottenham (yuk) game on Sky 1 HD on 19.2 using Oscam on an Arm receiver using Release 5.4 009 and there was no issue with locking up etc. Attached is a screenshot showing ECM times. The policy o this forum is strict with regards to softcam talk. So best to upload oscam logs on a forum where they are more tolerant to such talk. Might be a simple issue in config files. Or an issue affecting mipsel receivers.

No issues with Arm receiver, the problem is with Mips receivers only
 
Just upgraded my Edision osmega to 5.4.10... Oscam still glitching and freezing.. same as before...
 
I flashed 5.4 010 on an ET8000. Installed "oscam-latest" from plugin server. This ended up being 11691. Transferred oscam config files from my GB UE 4K (oscam stopped on it). I have had two instances of oscam stopping and not starting up automatically in the last 12 hours. Debug log attached (I forgot to change time format)

EDIT:
11692 had a socket leak fix. https://trac.streamboard.tv/oscam/ticket/4850
I will try 11693 which incorporates some whitespace cleanup.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I have tested 5.4.10 on my solo 2, a bit better then 5.4.9, tested with different cams, and different oscams, not too bad, but went back to 5.4.006. and oscam 11689, and that configuration is working on my solo2. When I say not too bad, means not so many stops and glitchings
as earlier version, 5.4.009, or from 007-009 and now 0010, I think it is a vix image problem, not cam problem, only my thought..
 
Last edited:
I did go back to 5.4.007 and working fine (latest oscam).Rarely glitches.Maybe test tomorrow on 5.4.006.What I noticed is that I had to set my fallback tuner tot URL instead of IP on slave box for having a good stream without stuttering
 
"Latest Oscam" means nothing, please say the version number. You can get the details from oscam info or the oscam webinterface. There were changes significant changes to oscam and the Vix Relese build server was stuck on an old version. It will help rule things out. It may not even be an Oscam issue.

Posts saying there is a problem don't add anything useful.
 
Ive now gone back to last of the 5.3 Vix series 5.3.39 on my Edision Osmega. It works perfectly with any oscam and I will leave my working Vix as that. Working from openboot using a 16g USB drive.
 
Ive now gone back to last of the 5.3 Vix series 5.3.39 on my Edision Osmega. It works perfectly with any oscam and I will leave my working Vix as that. Working from openboot using a 16g USB drive.

Where do these "any oscam's" come from? And what versions?
 
Where do these "any oscam's" come from? And what versions?
I mainly use two of the ones supplied in the Vix image ie oscam-latest and oscam-emu (which are 11691 I believe). I also have 11693 (latest PLI 4.0 version from streamboard) and some earlier ones.
The point is... as it has been said repeatedly... it does not seem to matter which Oscam I use.. or indeed what config (I have many oscam.conf and oscam.server examples) all named Oscams work without (any) restarts with other non-Vix images and earlier Vix images.
 
Did this problem definitely start in 5.4 007?

gdmm (post 1) infers that it did
bellejt (post 50) says 5.4 007 is fine
 
My read on this is that 5.4.10 and 5.4.9 seem to have similar problems with long ecm times and eventual freezing and stopping (with no restart - have to be manually restarted) .
Both these have a severe problem with certain 19e caids.

I have a version of 5.4.7 which is better (particularly on 19e) but still eventually has stopping (but on mine unlike 5.4.9 and 5.4.10) it seems to restart itself.

I haven't tried 5.4.1 to 5.4.6, so don't know if they have problems but I can confirm 5.3.39 works perfectly in the Oscam respect.
 
My read on this is that 5.4.10 and 5.4.9 seem to have similar problems with long ecm times and eventual freezing and stopping (with no restart - have to be manually restarted) .
Both these have a severe problem with certain 19e caids.

I have a version of 5.4.7 which is better (particularly on 19e) but still eventually has stopping (but on mine unlike 5.4.9 and 5.4.10) it seems to restart itself.

I haven't tried 5.4.1 to 5.4.6, so don't know if they have problems but I can confirm 5.3.39 works perfectly in the Oscam respect.

So which 19.2E caids give issues????
 
using oscam clear 11691 (no emu or clone) .
 
So which 19.2E caids give issues????
I was trying to delicately say SlyDE!!!

using oscam clear 11691 (no emu or clone)
Yes oscam-latest in plugins in all cases as a base oscam.
BUT all oscams I use work with Vix 5.3.39!
 
I was trying to delicately say SlyDE!!!


Yes oscam-latest in plugins in all cases as a base oscam.
BUT all oscams I use work with Vix 5.3.39!
I wondered! Don‘t know any of my neighbours with an old card - think they have all replaced their old sat receivers with Sky (DE) boxes
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top