
Will 5.4.015 and this fix stop the need for Oscam start script and high ecm times?

No - this fixes SoftcamManager when running a py2 image.
Your report is the only one I have seen for OScam on a 4K box.
In python3 images, which hopefully we will move to shortly, you have the existing method and also the support from starting Oscam by script (a la OpenPli/OpenATV).
It would be interesting to see if you experience this issue in py3 as the Oscams are identical to those used by other images.
Thanks but I haven't got a 4k box. I have a Vu+ Solo2. Will look forward to trying py3.
Hey guys, I have this issue with a zero, oscam stopped working, box crashing when you check the softcam manager.
Have tried the fix by installing the python file, no joy here. Should it be the same routine for a Zero?
Also tried regression to 5.4.013 but i cannot get my oscam to work.