Sorry =- I was somehow looking at baz2001uk's log.That doesn't sound right i don't use Virgin cable , all my 4 tuners as satellite

Sorry =- I was somehow looking at baz2001uk's log.
The log you posted seems to be the one from when you sent the log via mail, so it's not the log from when you had the problem (which would be the previous one).


I given up with this , there is bug somewhere that's for sure . It's at least 3 or 4 ppl with this issue on this post .
Sent from my TIMEBOMB!!!
Well, the only logs here that show hangs (there are no crashes...) are two from baz2011uk (Enigma2-2016-02-06_13-20-50.log in post #29 and Untitled attachment 00004.txt in post #30) which contain things like this:is the record on sd or HD ? might be worth switching to the other as dont know how but its done the trick for me so fat touch wood
< 677.353151> [eTSMPEGDecoder] decoder state: trickmode, vpid=044d, apid=0457
< 707.621070> [eDVBChannel] frame skipping failed, reverting to byte-skipping
< 707.622698> [eDVBChannel] we are at 113431304, and we try to find the iframe here:
Oh - and just before the spinner is noted as being displayed, this gets reported:Code:< 707.621070> [eDVBChannel] frame skipping failed, reverting to byte-skipping < 707.622698> [eDVBChannel] we are at 113431304, and we try to find the iframe here:
m_tstools_lock.lock();
int r = m_tstools.findFrame(iframe_start, iframe_len, direction);
m_tstools_lock.unlock();
is the record on sd or HD ? might be worth switching to the other as dont know how but its done the trick for me so fat touch wood
and similar sequence shortly after as it checked for the file growing (could be an active recording)< 500.812735> [eDVBChannel] frame skipping failed, reverting to byte-skipping
< 500.812809> [eDVBChannel] we are at 1447234340, and we try to find the iframe here:
< 500.813500> [eMPEGStreamInformation] index 109824 is past EOF
< 500.813624> [eMPEGStreamInformation] getStructureEntryNext failed, no data
< 500.813686> [eDVBChannel] failed
< 1180.708220> [eDVBChannel] frame skipping failed, reverting to byte-skipping
< 1180.708283> [eDVBChannel] we are at 5546220524, and we try to find the iframe here:
< 1180.708863> [eDVBChannel] failed
< 1180.797585> [eDVBVideo0] VIDEO_GET_EVENT PROGRESSIVE_CHANGED 1
< 1180.960041> [eFilePushThread] wait for driver eof timeout
< 2316.576585> [eDVBChannel] pvrEvent evtStopped
< 2341.698094> [eDVBChannel] reached SOF
< 2341.698454> [eDVBChannel] SOF
< 2588.268239> [eMPEGStreamInformation] getStructureEntryNext before start-of-file
< 2588.268398> [eDVBChannel] frame skipping failed, reverting to byte-skipping
< 2588.268477> [eDVBChannel] we are at 479212, and we try to find the iframe here:
< 2588.268613> [eMPEGStreamInformation] getStructureEntryNext before start-of-file
< 2588.268676> [eDVBChannel] failed
< 2588.268741> [eDVBChannel] reached SOF
< 2588.268954> [eDVBChannel] SOF
Was this from a recording on sat 28.2 or sat 30w as OP said recording/playback at any speed is okay on 28.2 but doesn't appear to be on 30w!!I've just gone all the way through a 1 hour mpeg2 and a 2.5 hour h.264 video at 32x. No problems seen....

I've just gone all the way through a 1 hour mpeg2 and a 2.5 hour h.264 video at 32x. No problems seen.
The mpeg2 one showed:
and similar sequence shortly after as it checked for the file growing (could be an active recording)
and the h.264 one gave:
followed by two more similar sequences.
I also ran both files backwards at 32x (since teh log in post #29 is going backwards) and both run OK, reporting:
for the mpeg2 stream and
for the h.264 one when they reached the start of the recording.
So, no issues.
Is this hang reproducible (in that it always happens for a particular file)?
If so, can you upload that file (and all associated meta files) to Dropbox/OneDrive/GoogleDrive or similar so that others can have a look at it and see whether it happens for them too?
Since I don't have any satellite tuner, no. I was just testing generically.Was this from a recording on sat 28.2 or sat 30w as OP said recording/playback at any speed is okay on 28.2 but doesn't appear to be on 30w!!
If you could do that I'd be happy to take a look at it to see whether I can find anything...but happy to do a few in sd and see if i can still get the spinner and then upload the file after (before you ask its not me watching that crap lol)

If you could do that I'd be happy to take a look at it to see whether I can find anything.
I promise not to actually watch it, and on fast-forward/back I won't hear it either.
If you could send the other files as well that would be useful, thanks.lol i will set up a recording this week and drop you a PM with a link to grab the files(s) do you need just the media .ts file or all the other files that are generated with it?

If you could send the other files as well that would be useful, thanks.