birdman
Moderator
Yes please, so I can see where file the file it reports the problem.no probs
did you want me to get the spinner up also and also send debug logs at same time?
Yes please, so I can see where file the file it reports the problem.no probs
did you want me to get the spinner up also and also send debug logs at same time?

Yes please, so I can see where file the file it reports the problem.
One thing I did note was that the spinner doesn't get cleared when I run init 4/init 3 to restart enigma2. Does anyone know of any way to clear whatever is doing this other then a full reboot?
http://forums.openpli.org/topic/40837-impossible-to-exit-endless-spinner-with-init-4
That's what C++ destructors are for.. .
Code:http://forums.openpli.org/topic/40837-impossible-to-exit-endless-spinner-with-init-4
Well. By adding a call to disableSpinner() (in gDC::~gDC()) I got rid of the spinner. Or rather, I got it to stop on init 4, then it started performing "as normal" as init 3 started up enigma2 again.That's what C++ destructors are for.
Well, I suppose I'll find out shortly....
< 13850.296874> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80553699 new_len: 91363 dir: -13
< 13850.301578> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13850.301747> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 81003741 new_len: 47406 dir: 0
< 13850.301845> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 13
< 13850.301909> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80553699 new_len: 91363 dir: -13
< 13850.302112> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 8
< 13850.302188> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80329979 new_len: 53204 dir: -8
< 13850.305704> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13850.305860> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80330137 new_len: 53046 dir: 0
< 13850.305946> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13850.306109> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80330129 new_len: 8 dir: 0
< 13850.306198> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13850.306260> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 80330129 new_len: 8 dir: 0
< 13850.306337> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
...ad infinitum...
and it somehow handled getting to 393154835 twice....< 13842.431813> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 19
< 13842.431891> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 393154835 new_len: 56959 dir: -19
< 13842.447405> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13842.447580> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 393489633 new_len: 67334 dir: 0
< 13842.447694> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 19
< 13842.447763> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 393154835 new_len: 56959 dir: -19
< 13842.447859> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 10
< 13842.447930> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 392917579 new_len: 67675 dir: -10
< 13842.454324> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 0
< 13842.454804> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 392917737 new_len: 67517 dir: 0
< 13842.454946> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findFrame] is_mpeg2 end - nr_frames: 10
< 13842.455414> [GML: eDVBTSTools::findNextPicture] findFrame() new_offset: 392728639 new_len: 59403 dir: -10
Just guessing, but probably because one is an MPEG-2 stream and the other an H.264. These do have different start code structures and the mpeg one goes through additional frame-finding code (which is where I suspect the issue is).Any idea why it just happens to recording from 30 degrees whereas 28.2 degrees is fine?
You could always use 3,6,9 (forward) and 1,4,7 (backwards) to skip instead.Hope you can get this fixed because fast forward at x4 is painful lol

Making progress.
I've found out (roughly) what the structure of an MPEG-2 TS file looks like and added various other debug statements to work with that.
Then discovered that the positioning is actually done with the help of the ts.sc (and ts.ap?) files, so I've found out what they look like (and have scripts to print out the info). They both look OK, so hopefully I can now find out why the code loops when looking for the "next" frame to display.
Mind you, as I work on this I do start to wonder how it actually does do 2x, 4x etc., as you can't just skip frames.- since most of them depend on you knowing what the previous/next one looked like it still has to calculate them. I also have no idea whether any of this is done in hardware - hopefully I don't need to know this in order to find the bug.
My attempts to disable the spinner if enigma2 is "killed" work OK (call disableSpinner() in gRC::~gRC()).. HOWEVER, this just leaves things in a state where the TV picture doesn't display when enigma2 is restarted!! (menus etc. show up OK).One thing I did note was that the spinner doesn't get cleared when I run init 4/init 3 to restart enigma2. Does anyone know of any way to clear whatever is doing this other then a full reboot?
. .
Code:http://forums.openpli.org/topic/40837-impossible-to-exit-endless-spinner-with-init-4
< 521.045359> [eDVBVideo0] VIDEO_PLAY failed: Operation not permitted