Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF8008] Software update available?

tinalee

New member
Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Around 23.04.24 I started to see a flashing green blob inside info bar displayed when changing channel or pressing info.
It looks like the green circle from the 'open Vix stable icon'
blob.webp
From other comments on other sites, I suspect this might mean an update is available?

I have tried menu-system-software update, but the box sits at updating packages, please wait... forever. It never moves on.
I have tried software update via blue button, option 1, software update also - this is the same.

Is there an issue, or is this the incorrect way to do this?
Would I need to download a a complete new image and flash, losing any settings?

I have searched around and only seen instructions on flashing and none specific to sf8008 on updates as such.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Lee.
 
Thanks Abu,
I will look at that.
So, is the indicator just advising that an update is available?
Regarding, in the future, flashing a newer image and restore...
Does the backup that can be made for settings also include (and restore) the current plugins that I have?
I have not added any plugins myself, but there are several that were included when I took delivery of the box from WorldOfSat.


Bluetooth Devices Manager
EPG-Importer
IMDB setup
Media Scanner
Multi-Transcoding Setup
OpenWebif
Picture player


Thanks again,
Lee.
 
Thanks Abu,
I will look at that.
So, is the indicator just advising that an update is available?
Regarding, in the future, flashing a newer image and restore...
Does the backup that can be made for settings also include (and restore) the current plugins that I have?
I have not added any plugins myself, but there are several that were included when I took delivery of the box from WorldOfSat.


Bluetooth Devices Manager
EPG-Importer
IMDB setup
Media Scanner
Multi-Transcoding Setup
OpenWebif
Picture player


Thanks again,
Lee.

If the plugins were installed from the feeds restoring a backup will reload them with the latest version from the feeds. If they were not installed from the feeds you will need to install them again manually.
 
Yes, the indicator is showing an update is available. We occasionally get a package that won't upgrade, but generally software update is fine. A flash and restore avoids the occasional problem.

Some plugins are preinstalled during image compilation, so will be in the image anyway. Huevos response has explained about user installed plugins.

Trivia:
A restore is a two step process, settings and then plugins. You can actually restore settings but say no to manually installed plugins.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top