Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

solo 2 network connection problem

redsox69

New member
Joined
Oct 1, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
i purchased my solo 2 from wos about 6 months ago. it came pre-installed with the vix apollo 040 image and has worked fine with no problems at all.
all of a sudden the network side is not connecting as it should. on the rear of the solo 2 were the ethernet cable is connected the yellow/green indicator flashes briefly as though trying to connect. this happens every 10 to 15 seconds.

my home network has a router which is connected to an 8 port ethernet switch. my solo 2 is connected from the switch.
i have carried out checks on the switch and the cabling to my solo 2 and all are ok. ie. they connect other devices to the internet.

the strange thing is if i connect an ethernet cable directly to my solo 2 from my router it works fine.

really puzzled as to why it will connect directly from router to internet but not from the switch even though other devices work being fed from the switch.

by the way i have had the system running this way for about 6 years running a tm500 previously

anyone any ideas
thanks in advance for any replies
 
All of my receivers (barring two) are connected through a 16 port switch as well as other devices and I have never had a issue, but if it only happens when connected to the switch it would suggest the fault is there.

I know this is obvious but have you tried a different port on the switch or a different lan cable ??.
 
thanks for the fast reply phoenix.
yes i have tried a different cable and port
baffled:confused:
 
Is the ip address conflicting with another device? Remove all your Ethernet cables bar your solo 2 and see if you have a network connection
 
hi khan888, the box has always had a static ip address assigned to it. gave it a different address and still the same
 
OK I had the same issue and found once I unplugged all my cables from the router I had a network connection on my solo 2. Changed the ip address to a high number ie 192.168.0.100 and not had a issue since with everything plugged back in of course [emoji3]
 
OK I had the same issue and found once I unplugged all my cables from the router I had a network connection on my solo 2. Changed the ip address to a high number ie 192.168.0.100 and not had a issue since with everything plugged back in of course [emoji3]

cheers m8. will give that a try later
 
Update on my problem.
Damaged Ethernet cable from stb to switch
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top