Larry-G
V.I.P ,
- Joined
- May 19, 2010
- Messages
- 32,540
- Reaction score
- 405
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 48
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?
Thanks
Via a telnet session using the top command.
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?
Thanks
Anybody else noticed that when you use the onscreen keyboard in epg search that's really sluggish as well?
I'm on a Solo2 with -097 just online upgraded (it's on download site now as well as online download). I had reflashed (after online download -096) but WITH restore. I had the EPG issue but both the .rar file Rossi provided and subsequent release cured it. There is a small delay when a) loading EPG and b) crossing from one page to another but its less time than I can count to 4. I don't know if it was an issue before HD skins. I am on -097 build using YouVix 1080 skin. Noticed last night the blue button sort mode in Movie list is sorted - thanks. On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility. I don't see any jump in mem usage but have config'ed a swap file in anyway. Still a great HD build.
Problem noted on my 3 VU boxes: Ultimo, Solo2 & Duo2ive done loads yesterday to try and fix it, but the thing is, its seems to be only happening on vu's (certain machines). im wondering if its a framebuffer issue on them...<snip>...could anyone experiencing this problem let me know what machine you use please.
On my Ultimo, I saw the CPU usage jump to over 100% as I switched between pages (and when I loaded up the initial page)! I didn't see this behaviour on the VIX-HD standalone images. This has only started once the two images had been merged.On the pause, I notice that the enigma2 process CPU usage jumps to high 80's when crossing between pages but as it is so brief hard to see in top utility.
I've just gone back to 090 where EPG is fine and CPU usage averaged around 10%.Using the telnet command, "top", my Solo2 CPU usage averaged around 25-35% when it goes to the next page on the EPG.
This is on a clean flash of 97 with no restore and just setting ABM and EPG, with everything else the default.
If it's of any assistance, I've attached a screenshot of this result.
Surely a swap file will only be used if it is needed, hence cannot cause problems.Using a swap file on such a high spec receiver is just as likely to cause you problems instead of fixing them.
I know you're busy most likely trying to sort several things but can I ask how you're getting on with regards to slow opening of EPG and when scrolling through it (page by page) which so far only affects VU+ users from Vix 095+ (ie when HD image was merged with non-HD image)?not yet, im working on it.![]()

I've just updated to 098 today everything fine. but am getting the epg sluggish response. pressing epg theres about 5 sec wait and pops up, if i scroll through the bouquets (right/left keys), this is also sluggish 4=5 sec lag..
using solo2 vis HD skin red 1080

At the moment 090 is the newest image that the 1080 skins run well on. Only sluggish with onscreen keyboard in epg search but everything else is pretty responsive. Not sure what's going to happen with this as sooner or later we'll want to update for other things I guess. Be a shame if we have to go back to the default skin to have the newest updates.
Using a swap file on such a high spec receiver is just as likely to cause you problems instead of fixing them.
How did you get to see CPU usage whilst scrolling the EPG? Is it a plugin? If so, which one?
Thanks