Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Some recommendations for an enthusiast who has become a noob :(

Jester

New member
Joined
Dec 18, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all

I am reaching out hoping that someone might take the time to give me a little help/direction etc...

I've been away from the Satellite world for too long (got comfortable with my Sky Sub) and have lost touch completely - back in my day, there were Dragons running around the Matrix! I am thinking about leaving Sky soon and going FTA but would like to get a system that is capable. My old decoders are long gone (Technomate from 20 years ago, Spyder and some others that I can't remember).

What I do have is a 1.2 m Channel Master dish on a polar mount that can reach from (approximately) 40 deg W to 40 deg east. It will need a new jack and LNB.

I'd like to find a system that can be used for 28 deg E and also 13 Deg E for Hotbird (Italian channels would be a real bonus). I'd like to get something that has an EPG but I'm really lost when it comes to what is possible. I see lots of posts about flashing units but can't make sense of what benefit there is. I'd also like to add PVR. I am almost thinking that Satellite may be dying out and everything is moving to IPTV systems

I'd really appreciate some guidance (or to be pointed in the right direction where I can get up to speed quickly).

Thanks in advance
 
A good enigma 2 sat receiver from wos and you mention pvr needing 2 tuners for viewing and recording if needed.

Depends on lnb on motorised if you can have 2 feeds for 1 room and how many rooms you want to view in.

No one has convinced me yet iptv is the way to go as i like my sats.

Some boxes can have internal hdd or can use external usb port for a powered hdd maybe upto 4 tb.

Not too many usable/viewable channels on 28.2.

Some channels on 13 , 19.2 , 23.5 and other sats might have english audio stream.
 
A good enigma 2 sat receiver from wos and you mention pvr needing 2 tuners for viewing and recording if needed.

Depends on lnb on motorised if you can have 2 feeds for 1 room and how many rooms you want to view in.

No one has convinced me yet iptv is the way to go as i like my sats.

Some boxes can have internal hdd or can use external usb port for a powered hdd maybe upto 4 tb.

Not too many usable/viewable channels on 28.2.

Some channels on 13 , 19.2 , 23.5 and other sats might have english audio stream.


Thanks for your thoughts. I have 5 coax feeds from the dish(s) ;) At the moment I am considering the Zgemma H7S 4K as I think it will give me 2 satellite feeds and our Digital service in Ireland (Saorview possibly). I was considering something like a Vu+ Duo2 as another option. I am lost after being away from the game for so long and find its a minefield now to try and figure out what is best. Not sold on the IPTV myself but the option of having it is nice (although it will have a learning curve). The sweep of my dish is large enough, so I guess if I could figure out what is available and where would be a wonderful start. Recommendations from other users and tips are really welcome
 
I have the Zgemma h7s with 2 sats and Saorview,Vu are expensive machines well made but when i won the h7s in a raffle as it was a 4K box i had to get a 4k tv .

I should have mentioned every now and again your car needs a service,the same goes with sat boxes as they need a tuneup to run the latest image or upgrades.

Old images or boxes might get discontinued and support ends for them like so many from the past.
 
Last edited:
.... as it was a 4K box i had to get a 4k tv .


Is 4k TV a requirement? or does it work on HD's. Not thinking of movies really.


...the same goes with sat boxes as they need a tuneup to run the latest image or upgrades. Old images or boxes might get discontinued and support ends for them like so many from the past.

This makes sense. Is there are any source recommended images that are good. Is there a source where you can learn more about what each does?
 
Every E2 image will give you the basic features you require e.g. EPG, PVR(obviously better to add internal or external self-powered HDD), multisat support.
Benefit of H7, been around a while so well supported and works well plus internal HDD.
My choice AX HD61 (especially now they have recently sorted drivers for motorised dish!) - very nice receiver and IP support through QT Stalker is better - but requires external HDD with own power(potential issues with all receivers when HDD is only usb attached).
VU+ obviously reputation, but very pricey compared to equivalent receivers.
I believe (but if I am wrong others will tell you) that with a motorised dish you are probably better staying with the “older“ tuner technologies, but there are people that use unicable and also FCB tuners (you don‘t need FCB tuners for unicable just more available tuners and your choice of receiver would be limited to GigaBlue or Vu+ 4K boxes))

All the best with your decision

P.S. you don‘t need a 4K TV - but nice to have
 
Every E2 image will give you the basic features you require e.g. EPG, PVR(obviously better to add internal or external self-powered HDD), multisat support.
Benefit of H7, been around a while so well supported and works well plus internal HDD.
My choice AX HD61 (especially now they have recently sorted drivers for motorised dish!) - very nice receiver and IP support through QT Stalker is better - but requires external HDD with own power(potential issues with all receivers when HDD is only usb attached).
VU+ obviously reputation, but very pricey compared to equivalent receivers.
I believe (but if I am wrong others will tell you) that with a motorised dish you are probably better staying with the “older“ tuner technologies, but there are people that use unicable and also FCB tuners (you don‘t need FCB tuners for unicable just more available tuners and your choice of receiver would be limited to GigaBlue or Vu+ 4K boxes))

Thanks for those details

The two choices now seem to be centred around the AX HD61 and the H7. Both look really interesting and do fit into a price point that I am comfortable with. I'll need to get my positioner working once I sort out a jack and LNB.

If I was to opt for either of these two units is there much available at 28 deg? Where would I need to search for information on these details?
 
You miss out a few important bits, what do you like to watch ie sports, films? Have you a 4k tv? Have you foreign language? If you don't have a 4k tv then the best box is the VU+_ DUO2 they are now discontinued but on ebay. It has 2 tuners for sat and you can either get one with a dual tuner for saorview or 4 sat tuners. All boxes take an internal HDD. the best image for you is Openvix as it comes ready to go and great support on here.

Oscam is your friend.

I have 2 x duo2 and they are awesome. And I get saorview.
 
You miss out a few important bits, what do you like to watch ie sports, films? Have you a 4k tv? Have you foreign language? If you don't have a 4k tv then the best box is the VU+_ DUO2 they are now discontinued but on ebay. It has 2 tuners for sat and you can either get one with a dual tuner for saorview or 4 sat tuners. All boxes take an internal HDD. the best image for you is Openvix as it comes ready to go and great support on here.

Oscam is your friend.

I have 2 x duo2 and they are awesome. And I get saorview.

Not into sports, like the odd movie, don't have a 4K TV, some of the household has Italian. Mostly like entertainment TV and documentaries. Have NetFlix, Disney plus and will possibly opt for Discovery Plus when I drop Sky. The VU+ Duo2 was my initial thoughts, but the other two decoders mentioned above would also fit my needs. If I get my motorised system going again I'll have a wide range of satellites to look at. Myst look into Oscam.
 
The AXHD61 has a god awful power pack, sticks out a mile and you need a usb dtt tuner. I have it. The zgemma h7s is well liked on baords.ie and it has a built in single saorview tuner. Newer boxes can be tricky with oscam the duo2 has a big footprint but I can assure you it is one awesome machine.

The pic quality on the axhd61 is a smidgeon better than the duo2, I dont have the zgemma h7s but same should apply as same chip.

good luck
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top