Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mega] sound gone after power-on from standby

  • Thread starter Thread starter slawekg
  • Start date Start date
S

slawekg

Guest
Hi All,

I am a newbie to OpenVix and to the forum too. Sorry if this question has been asked and possibly answered too, but I had no lock trying to search for the soluton of my problem on the forum

I have purchased very recently Edision OS-Mega. It came with OpenATV. I have flashed it with OpenVIX 5.0.029. After reboot I have setup the box.

After setup it worked just fine. I am on Astra 28.2, I was able to watch various channels, HD/noHD everyting seemed working fine. I have left it on standby for one day, and when come back this eveninig all channels were there, but the sound is gone - on every signle channel.

I have tried various settigns on Audio (pretty much radomly, whatever seemed to make sense), I have dore factory reset and re-setup my box from scratch.

Still no sound..

The box is connected directly to my TV via HDMI cable. I have tried another HDMI socket in but no luck. The sound is gone, and I'm stuck, not knowing what to do/try next.

Can anybody help please? I hate to think that my box developed a fault ...

Slawek
 
You could try another HDMI port on your TV? Are you connecting the Edison directly to your tv or to an amp/surround system? A restart via the menu usually rectifies this, not so sure if this receiver has a driver related issue with sound, no doubt someone will confirm for you if so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
that has happened me no sound,try rebooting box again and check volume is not turned down or on mute.
 
the update - the sound is back.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

To be fair I don't inderstand why changing the HDMI cable should help. I always though that HDMI is the digital interface, where video+audio signals are encoded into a two streams of zeros and ones then combined together and send over the cable, and the receiving side is decoding the stream. The cable may cause issues with high resulotion pictores where highher data rates are required, but for SD channels clock/speed requirements are pretty low.

Anyway - since I asked you guys and was given such an advice I decided to give it a go. I have a second HDMI cable connected to my TV, long flat 5m cable, which sometimes I am using to connect my laptop. I have switched the cable in the box and ta-da! the sound is back!. OK, ok was a bit puzzled, reverted to the old cable and ta-da!! the sound is till there.

I wonder for how long.

I'll keep you posted if tings change.

Slawek
 
Thanks for the feedback .... it‘s always nice to see, and not always given.
Really pleased that you are fixed „for the moment“ :)
Everybody expects technology to work, but so often the weak links are all these cables:) My family are constantly finding our Ipads not charged because these stupid Lightning cables stop working - another bright idea that doesn‘t work!
 
just in case of further issue always have units powered off before inserting or removing cables:thumbsup:
 
All right.

The problem is back :(

It looks like the Edidion OS Mega does not like being too long on stand-by. Seriously :)

Yesterday after I have got my sound back I played a little bit with the box. Put it on stand-by, back, deep stand-by, powered back, powered off completely, back on. All fine, no problems, video + sound OK.

Then I put the box into stand-by for the whole night. Checked in to morninig - sound is still there. Switched off to standby for the whole day I powered it back up in the evening - this time no sound on any channel again.

I pulled the HDMI cable from the box, pluged it back - no luck, still no sound. I switched to the second cable (connected to the HDMI2 on my TV) - got my sound back!. Switched back to the first cable (connected to HDMI1) - got back video AND the sound.

I have the feeling that if someone disconnects HDMI cable while the box is on stand-by then someting wrong happens. My Edision HDMi socket seems to be a bit flimsy, I have quite thick, 1.5 m long HDM cable, the box is sitting on the top of chest of drawers, any it could be that during the day missus moved it and/or the HDMI cable while taking somting from th drawer.

Now the box is working fine. For now. I wonder if tomorrow scenario will repeat.

Slawek
 
that has happened me no sound,try rebooting box again and check volume is not turned down or on mute.

Before playing with the cables I did reboot it a few times. I did even do a factory reset - nothing helped.
 
Sounds more like a hdmi hand shake issue with your tv. Also thick hdmi cables doesn’t mean they are good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
never insert/remove cables while box is on as damage may occur:eek:
 
Hmm.. What for then pin 19 on HDMI cable is marked as "Hot-Plug Detect"? I'd thought it suggests that HDMI interface was desiged for hot-plugging.
 
Hmm.. What for then pin 19 on HDMI cable is marked as "Hot-Plug Detect"? I'd thought it suggests that HDMI interface was desiged for hot-plugging.

Hot plugging any HDMI cable can cause hardware failure. I've personally had it happen to be a couple of times.
 
Hi Guys.

I am bit puzzled. It happened again - the OS Mega lost his voice while on standby. It looks like partially disconnecting HDMI cable while the box is on standby hurts it.

The trouble is that the one working remedy I have found so far is to switch to another cable/another HDMI socked in the TV while the box is powered up.

Any ideat what is going on? Anyone experienced anyting similar with their boxes?

Slawek
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top