Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Spinning VIX on VU+ Duo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gazza1690
  • Start date Start date
G

Gazza1690

Guest
Hi all,

I periodically get a spinning VIX on my VU+ Duo (genuine) box. I've searched a few forums and have found a few so called fixes but none seem to work for me!

I have the latest image & have also installed a 500GB HDD that I ripped from my old Sky box.

The only thing I think can be causing this is the CrossEPG add-on because whenever I get the spinning VIX I have to turn the box off from the back and when I restart there is no EPG information!

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be very much appreciated as it's really starting to piss me off!

Thanks
 
CrossEPG is very memory hungry while downloading especially on low memory boxes such as the Duo but at all other times the EPG data is held in live memory so i cant see it as being the issue, as for the EPG being blank when you manually power the box off, thats exactly what happens when you dont power it down properly as it essentially wipes the cache and the EPG which is as i said stored in live memory.

I would try using a swap file and the cache flush plugin to see if they help.
 
Now, I know I will be given out to for this but I normally put my duo into standby and then press the power off switch on my duo at night. In the morning its hit or miss as to whether I have a 7 day program guide or not. This I don't complain about as turning off any computer in such a fashion is not good for it. That said, spinning vix or any spinning logo on any Linux associated box is usually epg associated. I get the same after booting the box up (for a short while). It should not be a constant spinning logo though. That speaks towards another problem.
 
Thanks for the replys.

The problem is the box completely freezes up when the logo spins, the channel I'm watching carries on playing and the only way to get the spinning to stop is to turn it off from the back.
 
so what are you doing when it locks up ? ie downloading the EPG, watching a movie, etc etc ?.

The more info you can provide the better we will be able to help.

also if your using ViX you really should put this in the ViX support section for the same reasons above.
 
hi gazza,do you know where your epg is located in menu/set up/system/epg/settings ie hdd,usb,flash?
 
so what are you doing when it locks up ? ie downloading the EPG, watching a movie, etc etc ?.

The more info you can provide the better we will be able to help.

also if your using ViX you really should put this in the ViX support section for the same reasons above.

It happens when I'm just watching telly seems for no apparent reason

Goosegog I've tried both, at the minute I'm using /media/HDD/
 
hi gazza,i asked because ive had problems before when ive removed usb from the back to flash box and placed usb in the back again for epg it hasnt mounted and in settings epg was saved in flash.never saved epg in hdd so not sure with that
 
Never save the EPG to flash. That's the easiest way to cause problems on any image.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top