Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Spinning Vix

I too have been having this problem with a Mutant 2400 since updating to Hades 11. The debug log does not seem to have anything in it to help
as the log itself seems not to be updated as soon as the spinning VIX appears and the box then "locks up". I have to power off,

It definitely seems to be EPG or Autotimer related as it only seems to happen when I am browsing the EPG to add autotimers or timers - all seems
to work fine as long as I am not doing anything with the timers.


Previously was using OpenPLI on the Dreambox DM8000 and had been very impressed with the Mutant2400 using Vix until this ongoing problem.

More than willing to help with uploading debug logs but seems pointless if no data gets stored the log as soon as the problem arises.


my vu+ solo2 done this last night, just a couple of days after i put hades 011 image on(reflashed) wee circle with dots top left hand side just kept spinning around whilst in EPG, the PIP was working fine but the remote couldn't do a thing and ended up putting box off/on with switch at back after letting it spin for approx 10 full mins, one day i'l try learn how to do logs :)
 
I've just done a fresh flash and setup on 9 & 10, both fine. Ensure EPG.dat is deleted from your storage device and freshly download epg data.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hades 10 works fine because I went back to it 2 days ago with restore timers/autotimers and EPG and have not had spinner.
 
Can you try with a fresh flash of Hades 010 please? (009 seems fine).
Ok tried hades 010 and it was fine. I created over 20 autotimers and scrolled through epg without the spinner showing.

This was under exact same setup as my fresh flash of 11 per my previous post.



010 gave me issues earlier with settings restore and old EPG.dat
10 was fine for me with no settings restore and epg/crossepg files deleted first.

FYI, I have tried fresh 11 with epg.dat/crossepg files deleted and still had spinner so if it's a corrupt epgcache then it's looking like its being caused by something in 11.
 
Last edited:
Ok tried hades 010 and it was fine. I created over 20 autotimers and scrolled through epg without the spinner showing.

This was under exact same setup as my fresh flash of 11 per my previous post.



10 was fine for me with no settings restore and epg/crossepg files deleted first.

FYI, I have tried fresh 11 with epg.dat/crossepg files deleted and still had spinner so if it's a corrupt epgcache then it's looking like its being caused by something in 11.

I managed to re-create on 010 that was using a epg.dat from 011.

All we can say right now is anyone affected by this bug to please stay on 010 until fixed.
 
Hades 10 works fine because I went back to it 2 days ago with restore timers/autotimers and EPG and have not had spinner.

Same here. Not had one spinner since I went back to Hades 10 (2 days ago).
 
I managed to re-create on 010 that was using a epg.dat from 011.
Sounds like an possible corrupt epgcache issue caused by something in 011.

FYI, I noticed you enabled Virgin EPG data by default in 11 so I tried enabling Virgin EPG data before setting crossepg/opentv and couldn't re-create spinner problem. I knew virgin epg data isn't likely related to this issue but I noticed you changed it's default status so thought why not see just in case :)
 
Happened today to me with Ultimo running Hades 11:
I checked the timers, noticed a timer for a Mentalist episode I have already seen, added by autotimer. Disabled it with the yellow button.
Started watching a previously recorded movie. After about 40 minutes I saw the spinning VIX. The box didn't react to any remote buttons, but since the playback seemed to continue all right, I left it running until the next commercial break (about 5-10 minutes, I think). I noticed that the playback time display on the front panel didn't advance, it had stopped when the VIX logo started spinning.
I went to my pc to telnet in and reboot.
After watching the rest of the movie, I checked that now there was a debug log, which I downloaded and include here now.
I flashed back to Hades 10, until there will be another update available after Hades 11.
[edit]
Forgot to mention: before rebooting, I started top, and managed to copy these bits (somewhat hard when the markings get cleared when top refreshes the display):

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.07 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.0 0.5 0:00.94 top
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.7 0.4 11:33.24 automount
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.31 oscam
25 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 3:05.71 kswapd0
162 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 20:16.45 sched_high

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.48 enigma2
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.47 oscam
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 0.7 0.5 0:01.21 top
25 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 3:05.75 kswapd0
161 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 0:10.27 sched_low
1 root 20 0 1948 412 336 S 0.0 0.2 0:05.24 init

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 2.0 17.7 311:23.68 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.3 0.5 0:01.35 top
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.54 oscam
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.3 0.4 11:33.31 automount
17542 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0.3 0.0 0:00.67 kworker/1:0

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
543 root 20 0 140376 48504 4460 S 1.6 17.7 311:23.89 enigma2
2455 root 20 0 3640 1424 992 R 1.0 0.5 0:01.48 top
500 root 20 0 32768 1156 788 S 0.7 0.4 11:33.34 automount
621 root 20 0 14080 2140 1068 S 0.7 0.8 32:41.61 oscam
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be fixed in 012.


i just flashed 011 at the weekend, would you advise flashing back to 010 tonight in preparation for 012 getting uploaded to feeds sometime tonight/in the morning ?
 
12 is available from ftp site i've just noticed.

I would like to thank those involved in quickly fixing it :)
 
Last edited:
You can perform an online update to 012. Menu > Setup > Software update

However, it is advisable to delete the existing EPG data using the load/save/delete option in the EPG menu. One of the team had the issue on 010 when using epg data acquired with 011
 
All seems well with Hades 12. Thanks for the fix :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top