GiP
Forum Supporter ,
Hi,
This is my first post , I just joined because my new VU+Duo will be here tomorrow and I'd like to know what to do with it from the start. I have been browsing around for a few days and it seems thare are a lot of knowledgable and friendly users so I hope you can help me.
For now what I need is to use the SKY Italy end SRG (Swiss) cards, everything else is icing...
I decided to use the VIX image so I downloaded it, and I'll have it on a USB stick. I have read what to do and it seems simple. I also found settings for my set-up (13 + 19.2) modified them to my liking with DreamBoxEdit and I'll transfer them. Now what? what else is needed to have a working STB for what I need. I read several threads and there are a lot of info on how to do something but rarely on "why" to do that, for example: CCcam I have read how to install it but not what it is for. Do I need it just to read cards? And the same for most of the other add-ons. Is there a place where I can find a guide or a tutorial about this?
As I have been using linux daily for the last 15 years or so I don't expect problems in understanding the filesystem or the editor or anything like that, but the specifics of a linux decoder seem to be quite different.
Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
GiP
This is my first post , I just joined because my new VU+Duo will be here tomorrow and I'd like to know what to do with it from the start. I have been browsing around for a few days and it seems thare are a lot of knowledgable and friendly users so I hope you can help me.
For now what I need is to use the SKY Italy end SRG (Swiss) cards, everything else is icing...
I decided to use the VIX image so I downloaded it, and I'll have it on a USB stick. I have read what to do and it seems simple. I also found settings for my set-up (13 + 19.2) modified them to my liking with DreamBoxEdit and I'll transfer them. Now what? what else is needed to have a working STB for what I need. I read several threads and there are a lot of info on how to do something but rarely on "why" to do that, for example: CCcam I have read how to install it but not what it is for. Do I need it just to read cards? And the same for most of the other add-ons. Is there a place where I can find a guide or a tutorial about this?
As I have been using linux daily for the last 15 years or so I don't expect problems in understanding the filesystem or the editor or anything like that, but the specifics of a linux decoder seem to be quite different.
Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
GiP