Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] startup to standby

So as in post 37, how do I install the .rar file?? I've extracted it and now have a gaggle of files.
 
Found it there today after deleting 5.4.016 StoS plugin and then rebooting into 6.2.011. And it works.
But auto deep standby power timer, as in post 6iii, doesn't work anymore.
I've looked in the Enigma2 debug log and can see auto deepstandby, with a start time, and StartupToStandby listed. 10 mins after the start time nothing happens.
 
I've answered your query about plugin restore not working on a new flash when you have no network available. I didn't realise you had two threads active with the same issue as I was working up from oldest to newest.

May I ask why you are using a plugin to "Startup to Standby"? The enigma code will handle startup to standby without any separate plugin. I use a PowerTimer to startup my AX61 from deep standby at 17.50 daily and go into normal standby. It boots the box without activating the HDMI-attached Sony TV (which would normally power on via CEC if I use the remote to boot from deep standby). The built-in OpenTV EPG reader runs 5 minutes after boot and then I have a timer run an ABM update at 18.00. The PowerTimer is set to return to deep standby at 18:05. Runs every day without fail.
 
I use the box on a boat and most of the day it is completely switched off. I power on in the early evening and the plugin goes to standby on start up and box does ABM and EPG updates. If nothing is immediately watched or recorded, the power timer goes to auto deep standby after 10 mins. Likewise after the box has been recording in standby in the night, it goes to auto deep standby on completion.

I am not sure of the significance of the option "Repeat type". I have settings including "repeated" selected, as in post 6iii.
 
If by "completely switched off" you mean that there is no power to the box at all (I understand that you might need to conserve battery power), then PowerTimers are of minimal use to you. If you are manually powering on the box, then you can manually switch it to standby. It begs the question, though, as to where the box is getting its time. Being on a boat you can't guarantee a sat/terrestrial signal or a network connection to set the time reliably.
 
Only noticed 31st jan now that date as when lost lan connection.
 
Yes, completely switched off. As in unplugged. Agree, the power timer is of no use then. But when power is applied it is useful. StartupToStandby works fine. I just can't get the auto deepstandby power timer to run as it did with 5. 4.016.
The box gets the time from satellite and I haven't failed to get an Astra 28 signal in many years. The sun position 2 hours before local midday is pretty much the same azimuth as the satellite! And I can always use phone wifi hotspot.
 
Ok - if you are cold booting the box, the default is to start up in normal mode. I would infer that you are controlling the startup by powering on the box manually - correct? Therefore you could put the box into standby with the remote after it has booted, without using a plugin. I just use the "startup to standby" mode with a PowerTimer because the process is unattended. Your use case would be that you are present when manually powering up the box.
Autodeepstandby works with a PowerTimer in 6.2 same as it ever did. It's working on a preliminary test release of 6.3 also, so I'm mystified as to why your box is not shutting down. Usually the only thing that prevents the auto shutdown is an upcoming recording. We would need to see debug logs to determine what is going on in your setup.
 
Thanks and yes - switch on at wall.
It is just more useful and user friendly, particularly for non techy Mrs S, to have auto deepstandby working as well as StartupToStandby. All other tv boxes have booted to standby.
I'll start a new thread and post the debug log.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top