Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[CrossEPG-Other] Strange Characters on titles

icemanv3

New member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I don't believe I can be the only one seeing this but I haven't seen any posts about it yet

On some channels (ITV mainly) some of the EPG Title data is not displaying correctly, just a large amount of foreign characters, The summaries appear to be fine.

If I tune to the channel, the EPG refreshes and displays the correct program title.

I have logged on via telnet and deleted the EPG.dat file then re-downloaded etc to no avail

Anyone seen this before?
 
What EPG sources are you using?
can you take a screenshot & upload it.
 
Hi Judge

Thanks for the reply, screen shot below

OpenTV on 28.2 is the provider

screenepg.webp
 
Same channel & source showing that show fine here, what skin are you using?
 
Hi Judge

HD-Magic-Noire is the skin I am using, sorry for the long reply!
 
does it show the same using the default skin?
 
odd so.
are you sure you deleted all EPG data when you first tried?
 
yea thats just the epg.dat file yea? i used the init commands to stop enigma and start it again as well.

i store it on a flash drive, i wonder if thats slightly faulty?
 
as well as epg.dat there is a crossepg folder on the same location, delete both with E2 shut down.
 
as well as epg.dat there is a crossepg folder on the same location, delete both with E2 shut down.

Judge, apologies for the longest reply ever, Finally got around to trying this the other day and it solved my problem so thank you very much for your help
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top