Hi m8s,
I have a ET9000 running the latest ViX image. I regularly stream on my laptop and on my android smartphones using Dreamdroid.
I now want to add another telly in the room upstairs. I am thinking of the following option :
a TV or computer monitor with an HDMI port,
plug in an HDMI dongle for android TV
download Dreamdroid onto the dongle
Use with an air mouse to stream from my ET9000.
Anybody has any experience with this ? The reviews I found for these cheap android dongles are mixed..some have reported audio sync issues on streaming, others have reported poor wifi (though wifi isn't really an issue for me...have powerline LAN as well as Wifi repeater in the room upstairs)
If this options works, I'd go with it because it also gives me an android telly for net surfing, mails etc.
If this doesn't work, I could do remote streaming on another E2 openpli box.
Suggestions/comments ?
PS I did a search on the forums but didn't find anything on this topic...apologies if its a repeat post..please point me to the right thread.
I have a ET9000 running the latest ViX image. I regularly stream on my laptop and on my android smartphones using Dreamdroid.
I now want to add another telly in the room upstairs. I am thinking of the following option :
a TV or computer monitor with an HDMI port,
plug in an HDMI dongle for android TV
download Dreamdroid onto the dongle
Use with an air mouse to stream from my ET9000.
Anybody has any experience with this ? The reviews I found for these cheap android dongles are mixed..some have reported audio sync issues on streaming, others have reported poor wifi (though wifi isn't really an issue for me...have powerline LAN as well as Wifi repeater in the room upstairs)
If this options works, I'd go with it because it also gives me an android telly for net surfing, mails etc.
If this doesn't work, I could do remote streaming on another E2 openpli box.
Suggestions/comments ?
PS I did a search on the forums but didn't find anything on this topic...apologies if its a repeat post..please point me to the right thread.
