I've missed this thread for a while but going back over it it is my opinion you need the frequency isolator I mentioned before, some Virgin supplied splitters contain the frequency isolator, your Koenig splitter does not, I'm quite sure this is the reason you are not picking up channels, at my current address my signal is split into 3 in the outside box, then each input into the house has a frequency isolator, at my old address the isolator was in the outside box then it split into 3 inside the house, I won't be home for a few days but I am sure if you remove the isolator you won't get any channels. Here is a quote from cable forum:-
jaycee
Inactive
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 304
jaycee will become famous soon enoughjaycee will become famous soon enoughjaycee will become famous soon enough
Re: Cables and Isolators
It's whats called a galvanic isolator. Basically there is no direct connection between the cable from outside, and your equipment. This acts as a safety feature - should equipment in the cabinet go faulty, it reduces the risk of damage/electrocution to your equipment and you, and vice versa. Also, it prevents something called a "ground loop" which causes interference.