Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] Support for 256QAM

  • Thread starter Thread starter trumpton
  • Start date Start date
T

trumpton

Guest
Have recently bought and set up a GigaBlue Quad, currently just using terrestrial in the UK - Sandy Heath.

I've noticed that the UK transmitter aerials in the /var/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml file are incomplete, and only one frequency is listed for each - the long and the short is the receiver tries to scan the one frequency, and fails to find anything.

Using one of the more generic channel lists, I get a whole bucket of channels, but none of the HD ones. For my transmitter, these are on frequency 422 (or 422.2, depnding on where you look - I've tried both). The following combination of hardware and software cannot find any channels on this frequency.

- Gigablue Quad
- Vix Image 720
- Tuner: GIGA DVB-C/T NIM (SI) (DVB-T)

The frequency uses 256QAM 32KE 2/3 40.2Mb/s DVB-T2 MPEG4, according to ukfree.tv

Could the reason that the frequency is not decoded be the fact that it is 256QAM?
What is the limitation - is it the hardware, Vix, Enigma2?

Thanks and Regards,

Steve
 
Here use this one, its setup specifically for the UK.
 
Have recently bought and set up a GigaBlue Quad, currently just using terrestrial in the UK - Sandy Heath.

I've noticed that the UK transmitter aerials in the /var/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml file are incomplete, and only one frequency is listed for each - the long and the short is the receiver tries to scan the one frequency, and fails to find anything.

Using one of the more generic channel lists, I get a whole bucket of channels, but none of the HD ones. For my transmitter, these are on frequency 422 (or 422.2, depnding on where you look - I've tried both). The following combination of hardware and software cannot find any channels on this frequency.

- Gigablue Quad
- Vix Image 720
- Tuner: GIGA DVB-C/T NIM (SI) (DVB-T)

The frequency uses 256QAM 32KE 2/3 40.2Mb/s DVB-T2 MPEG4, according to ukfree.tv

Could the reason that the frequency is not decoded be the fact that it is 256QAM?
What is the limitation - is it the hardware, Vix, Enigma2?

Thanks and Regards,

Steve

Just read your thread closer, simply you wont get any terrestrial HD channels as the DVB-T tuner is not T2 compliant and the uk uses DVB-T2 for HD channels.
 
many thanks for your reply.

I remembered getting the HD channels on my old IPBox, but come to think of it, that was over satellite.
Hopefully, once I've realigned my dish, I'll be able to get them via freesat.

Best Regards, Steve
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top