Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Tappari's scanning issue thread

Hi,

Try this version and the Suomi (fi) parameters. I "quessed" the system values to the terrestrial.xml file, as there were no comments on the value. Note that this is totally untested! I'll inform when I have tested this with my Venton also...
 

Attachments

Hi,

Try this version and the Suomi (fi) parameters. I "quessed" the system values to the terrestrial.xml file, as there were no comments on the value. Note that this is totally untested! I'll inform when I have tested this with my Venton also...
Scans only T-channels in VU+ Ultimo/Apollo 033.
 
And the previous version is no good, as there are the same frequencies used for both DVB-T or DVB-T2 depending on the location, so there has to be automatic selection for UHF channels... Which obviously don't work without the change that was already done in OpenPLi.

Attached an version were only VHF channels have the system setting in place (as they use T2 only...).
 

Attachments

Sorry BoxFreak. It does work-after I booted the box. The reason why I didn`t boot the box is, that I have to unplug my Sundtek C/T2 tuner first (tuner D). Otherwise box freezees during boot.
Thaks for your efforts.
 
Ok. Then I'll check in the evening with my Venton the terrestrial2.zip... If also Venton accepts it then it could be put in the build.
 
Ok. Then I'll check in the evening with my Venton the terrestrial2.zip... If also Venton accepts it then it could be put in the build.
I also flashed my Duo2 with Apollo 035 adding this terrestrial.xml. Operates beautifully. Thank`s again BoxFreak. You need Finn to win.:)
 
The change works also in Venton HD3 (actually no change in behaviour as it already worked before also...). The xml base was old, so I updated the same changes to latest terrestrial.xml (from oe-alliance git). Please update to build. In Finland we would also very much appreciate you to implement the same change in code that OpenPLi has done to fix the remaining issues with terrestrial channel scans.
 

Attachments

The xml base was old, so I updated the same changes to latest terrestrial.xml (from oe-alliance git). Please update to build.
Thank you for your efforts. This will be submitted. However, I have added teh 498 instaed of replacing the 492. As you guessed system details, I have omitted that in description. Easy enough to add when we get confirmation.

In Finland we would also very much appreciate you to implement the same change in code that OpenPLi has done to fix the remaining issues with terrestrial channel scans.
Someone is already on the case. Thanks for JJtr for the heads up.

You may also wish to investigate whether ABM can work for your provider. See this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-DVB-T-support&p=294094&viewfull=1#post294094

Start your own thread in ABM support section and upload your logs. someone may have a look at it later.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your efforts. This will be submitted. However, I have added teh 498 instaed of replacing the 492. As you guessed system details, I have omitted that in description. Easy enough to add when we get confirmation.

Thanks for your efforts. The 492 should be replaced by 498, as it is an typo in previous version (8Mhz intervals should be 490, 498, 506...).
Ok for the comment part, just remember to add once clear...
 
View attachment PLiterrestrial.rar
Upload the xml files from all images please, they should not be all the same. I dont think PLI track OE changes.

Where are you located?
Attached OpenPLi terrestrial.xml. With this simple file PLi scans in autoscan mode both T and T2 channels. Tuner setting is Europe T. Kernel is 3.1.1. Box VU+ Ultimo.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 37744
Attached OpenPLi terrestrial.xml. With this simple file PLi scans in autoscan mode both T and T2 channels. Tuner setting is Europe T. Kernel is 3.1.1. Box VU+ Ultimo.
Yes, because they have specified in enigma2 the default behavior of "system" parameter in the terrestrial.xml file so that it always scans both T and T2 if not specified. The same change looks to be on the way also for OpenViX (from what I read in Apollo 54 release notes...).
 
Yes, because they have specified in enigma2 the default behavior of "system" parameter in the terrestrial.xml file so that it always scans both T and T2 if not specified. The same change looks to be on the way also for OpenViX (from what I read in Apollo 54 release notes...).
Haven`t yet seen this established in version 064.
 
There were an build issue with the fix and it was pulled back, but that was one month ago. Is there anyone form OpenViX team working on it to get this fixed and into build?
 
There were an build issue with the fix and it was pulled back, but that was one month ago. Is there anyone form OpenViX team working on it to get this fixed and into build?
The thing is, that I think there should be an easier way to solve this matter than creating complicated terrestrial.xml`s. As a waste of time and efforts I see those.
 
Last edited:
One advice from ice-hockey wordl: Keep it simple,stupid.
 
Last edited:
I noticed that there was an attempt to make this change in e2 build in Apollo 73 version by pieterg/Huevos.
Tappari tested it, but unfortunately it still does not work.
If there is no system parameter in terrestrial.xml file then T2 don't get scanned (Vu+ Ultimo).
Is there new attempt coming soon?
 
Can you test please? I was meant to ask you prior to image being updated.

All the fixes from the other image team were implemented as far as I am aware. If it is not working, then debug logs etc would be needed. From both images would be better for comparisson.
 
I saw in change log that terrestial T/T2 complete scanning should be possible. I tested and no change was noticed. So T2-system has to be scanned separately on known local frequences. I'm not sure if the problem can be traced to xml-file lacking some of the local parameters. I didn't care to inform that because this is easily handled, anyway.
 
I saw in change log that terrestial T/T2 complete scanning should be possible. I tested and no change was noticed. So T2-system has to be scanned separately on known local frequences.
It now works for UK Freeview at least.
You have to configure the tuner (only one is used for thre scan, but you might as well set them all the same if you have multiple ones) to either your correct UK transmitter, or to the Europe, Middle East....(??) setting, so that the relevant specific frequencies (quick) or all frequencies (slower) respectively get scanned.
What AutoBouquetMaker does with the result I can't remember.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top