Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] TBS 5925 USB Tuner

Previous images for multistream were test images, that test is now over and 4.2.030 is the last version of the 4.x.xxx series of images.

ViX 5 release is imminent which will support multistream out of the box for suitable hardware as Huevos states in the post above yours.

You need to visit the forum more often or you will miss interesting and important news :)
 
Tuner conflicts with TBS5925 USB

My TBS5925 USB tuner has been working well with Release 5 VIX images (currently 5.0.016) unless I try to set overlapping recordings on the TBS and one of the other tuners, whereupon VIX detects a tuner conflict.

In my setup, Tuners A to H are the FBC tuner, on 28.2E; Tuner I connects to several LNBs via DiSEqC; Tuner J is equal to I; and Tuner K is the TBS tuner, also connected to several LNBs via DiSEqC. I've left the tuner priorities on Auto except for the 5.0W and 12.5W LNBs on Tuner K, for which I've reduced the priority to make sure that it remains available for multistream transponders and is less likely to be commandeered for something else.

If I try to program a recording from the EPG on, say, 28.2E (the FBC tuner) during a period when another recording is programmed on the TBS tuner (or vice versa), I get a timer sanity error (see screen grab attached). But if I am simply viewing something on the TBS tuner, the receiver will record from 28.2E simultaneously without complaining. The same seemed to happen when I had the TBS tuner connected to my Vu+ Duo2, but I didn't really have time to investigate it.

I've noticed also that when either of these receivers has the TBS tuner connected to it, there are several seconds of spinner activity between pressing OK on a Timer Entry window and the window actually closing (this is when there's no 'conflict'). It's as if it's struggling to find a conflict but eventually decides that there isn't one. Without the TBS tuner, the window closes instantly.

Have I missed some important point in configuring this tuner?
 

Attachments

  • 2017-06-10 T 18:26:31.webp
    2017-06-10 T 18:26:31.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2017-06-10 T 18:53:38.webp
    2017-06-10 T 18:53:38.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2017-06-10 T 18:17:49.webp
    2017-06-10 T 18:17:49.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2017-06-10 T 18:22:33.webp
    2017-06-10 T 18:22:33.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Drivers for TBS are crap on every box. Lots of spinner and delayss. No idea on the timer conflixt.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top