Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Terminal on openwebif to be installed by default.

dsayers

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
1,872
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Hi can terminal be pre installed on openwebif by default on images?

A few posts recommend using talnet commands so wouldn't it be easier to have the option via terminal rather than having to use putty?

This way would also mean the same method would work with most pc operating systems.
 
Isn't it a security risk allowing telnet command access in this way?
 
I wouldn't see why not unless users open ports unsecurely then they are allowing anyone access anyway.
 
I wouldn't see why not unless users open ports unsecurely then they are allowing anyone access anyway.
Only difference is it makes it 100 times easier to hack your box by opening telnet (via OpenWebIf) when you didn't even know you had.
 
I'm not sure how? Terminal or not if you have ports open anyone can access your box.
 
I'm not sure how? Terminal or not if you have ports open anyone can access your box.
All I'm saying is that opening up a single port to run OpenWebif is a real security risk, allowing telnet as well would mean even I could hack it!
 
Now password is needed for terminal can this be considered?
 
What happens if OWIF is not working or need to stop E2 from running? For example the user on TK yesterday with his family's rebooting H9S. All he had to do was start E2 in console until it started.

People don't have to use Putty, they can enable the Telnet client in Windows.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top