Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you can get the same in Py2?

I dont have multiboot. So re install my backup image then add the py from this image into the backup image and run a debug log?
 
Just to report , no issues on my Octagon SF8008 MINI 4K, did a clean install on an existing VIX partition
 
Some of it seems a bit sluggish on my Zgemma H7S, especially displaying the grid EPG after pressing [EPG] button.

Going to Menu / Information / About shows the CPU speed as 1.0GHz when it should be 1.7GHz which would (partly?) explain the sluggishness if it's true.

Can anyone suggest a good way to check the real CPU clock speed (or compare with py2 image)?

There are no .pyo files anywhere in this image. Maybe having to directly running the .py files is slowing it down.
 
Last edited:
A few of the issues dsayers has raised with some of my skins and plugins. Is python division. Where as python 2 would have made an integer out of 3/2, python 3 would make it a float.
I am in the process of fixing some of my elements using floor division, but for backward compatibility you might need to force some values to integer to prevent this legacy division issue from skin applets code and other custom components. i.e on ePoint.
There are no images for my 2 boxes dinobot 4k, or vu zero 4k. So I am only going off what other people are saying at the moment.
 
Last edited:
@BefuddleBrian compiled python files live in __pycache__ folders in python 3.
You should find that pycache folder in each of your other folders.
 
@kiddac, if you are going to be contributing here I will get you a Zero 4k built.

We are not building all machines for these tests. We are pretty low on build server space at the moment so these Py3 have been built and hosted on mine and Tony's personal build servers which are on the limit of the resources required for branch 5.0 (at times consuming 25 GB of ram).
 
My multiboot box is my vu zero 4k. I am going to get aggro anyway, so might as well fully test my wares on your beta releases.
 
Some of it seems a bit sluggish on my Zgemma H7S, especially displaying the grid EPG after pressing [EPG] button.
Going to Menu / Information / About shows the CPU speed as 1.0GHz when it should be 1.7GHz which would (partly?) explain the sluggishness if it's true.

The "sluggishness" seems to be something to do with something weird that happened while I was flashing the image, and I've re-flashed it properly now. :o
 
What libssl.so libcrypto.so versions are being used?
 
What libssl.so libcrypto.so versions are being used?
in the feeds on my gbue4k:
libcrypto-compat-0.9.7_1.0-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4 & libcrypto-compat-1.0.0_1.1-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4
libssl1.1_1.1.1k-r0_gb7252
 
So older versions I think? I added libssl.so.1.0.2 and libcrypto.so.1.0.2 manually. Probably not needed I might just need to adjust system links for mgcamd. I'll have a look later
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top