Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... but if, say, you have a box with sat, cable and aerial tuners, and only one tuner is currently active, won't the now/next depend on which provider it's tuned to?

Or are all tuners "running" and being processed at all times? I'd find that hard to believe.

As far as I know "Now/Next" only carries info about the current transponder, i.e. only self aware. Certainly this is the case for all the TS recordings I have.
 
Has anyone managed to get openvpn working?

Same configs I've just tested on vix 5.4.013 PY2 doesn't seem to work on vix 5.5.014.011 PY3

There seems to be some certificate errors
 

Attachments

Has anyone managed to get openvpn working?

Same configs I've just tested on vix 5.4.013 PY2 doesn't seem to work on vix 5.5.014.011 PY3

There seems to be some certificate errors
So I guess the software is not handling this correctly - which software modules/plugin ? are we using (I have never used VPN on E2 so no idea)
 
So I guess the software is not handling this correctly - which software modules/plugin ? are we using (I have never used VPN on E2 so no idea)

I used VPN manager to convert them. Even if I manually edit them and just use openvpn in network menu it doesn't work

Edit the VPN config files go in etc/openvpn
 
Last edited:
Is this where OpenVPN lives?

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/tree/5.0/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/openvpn
 
I've noticed openvpn current status says running and I can't stop it, even choosing remove service doesn't remove it.

Edit removing VPN manager allowed me to remove openvpn. I've reinstalled openvpn but this hasn't made any difference
 
Last edited:
I used VPN manager to convert them. Even if I manually edit them and just use openvpn in network menu it doesn't work

Edit the VPN config files go in etc/openvpn

So is this working in ATV 7.0???
 
I haven't tried openatv 7.0

Edit loaded OpenATV 7.0 and that doesn't work either

So I assume from the conversation on another web site that it is only VPN Mgr that works? Although if that was true then the VPN would work?`
Just trying to get a basic uinderstanding of where the problem sits - has anybody got their VPN working on python3??
 
VPN manager just allows you to switch configs it still uses the built in openvpn from network menu. I'll see if I can try other VPN providers I only have purevpn
 
Openvpn working here on Uno4Kse, with 5.5.014.011 using provider Protonvpn
 
Has there been some change to Freeview Radio?
It seems like somebody has tried to separate TV and Radio on Freeview and messed it up.
Now the Freeview Radio channels do not have the correct channel numbers.
 
Has there been some change to Freeview Radio?
It seems like somebody has tried to separate TV and Radio on Freeview and messed it up.
Now the Freeview Radio channels do not have the correct channel numbers.

Most likely cause is "add_audio_channels_to_video_bouquet" variable is not able to write to local scope in Py3.

I'll look into this when I get a minute. Can't test though as I don't have freeview.
 
Last edited:
Most likely cause is "add_audio_channels_to_video_bouquet" variable is not able to write to local scope in Py3.

I'll look into this when I get a minute. Can't test though as I don't have freeview.

Great.
Thank you.
 
As far as I know "Now/Next" only carries info about the current transponder, i.e. only self aware. Certainly this is the case for all the TS recordings I have.
Not sure about that (although "transponder" sounds like a satellite issue).
When Freeview started there was no 7-day EPG, just Now and Next, and that worked for all channels at the same time. Otherwise your TV couldn't tell you what was on all of the other channels.
 
Has anyone managed to get openvpn working?

Same configs I've just tested on vix 5.4.013 PY2 doesn't seem to work on vix 5.5.014.011 PY3

There seems to be some certificate errors

I'm trying 5.5.014 release version and VPN is working OK with FastestVPN. I use configs that I converted myself from their .opvn files
 
HD51 Simple HD1080

Multiboot Image Selector

5.4.13

5.4.webp

5.5 Py3 14

5.5.webp
 
HD51 Simple HD1080

Multiboot Image Selector

5.4.13

View attachment 62480

5.5 Py3 14

View attachment 62481
That's interesting!
So on python3 image.
Can you turn on debug logs, then stop the box (Init 4 in putty), rename Multiboot.py and then copy attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools.
Restart (init 6 in putty)
then after above screen, post complete debug log here.

Should also work on python2, but python3 is probably enough
 

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top