Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see github no longer shows "last updated" anymore for repositories, or is it just me?

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX

https://github.com/oe-alliance

EDIT: still works if you're not logged in.

Now working again as it used to.
 
Most likely cause is "add_audio_channels_to_video_bouquet" variable is not able to write to local scope in Py3.

I'll look into this when I get a minute. Can't test though as I don't have freeview.

I've been experimenting adding nonlocal and/or global in the provider file and/or in dvbscanner.py.
None of it works with Py3. :(
It'll have to be done a different way.
 
Not sure about that (although "transponder" sounds like a satellite issue).
Ok, "multiplex".

When Freeview started there was no 7-day EPG, just Now and Next, and that worked for all channels at the same time. Otherwise your TV couldn't tell you what was on all of the other channels.
Yes, looks like you are right. Image from Crystal Palace attached.
 

Attachments

  • cp.webp
    cp.webp
    45 KB · Views: 7
I've been experimenting adding nonlocal and/or global in the provider file and/or in dvbscanner.py.
None of it works with Py3. :(
It'll have to be done a different way.
Try it now. I have built new images: 5.5.014.013.
 
Yes that works. Thank you.
And I think I see what you did but I don't understand why it works. :confused:

Because the original variable was not available in current scope. No idea why not and I can't reproduce it in the interpreter.
 
As I said, if the programmes are "different", then their EventID's will be different. A bit like programmes with and without Sign Language.

With/without sign language are different programmes and correctly have different eit.

I've done a test on 5.4.13 and BBC1 HD has the correct matching eit on Freeview and freesat whereas ITV2 does not
 
Has anyone managed to get openvpn working?

Same configs I've just tested on vix 5.4.013 PY2 doesn't seem to work on vix 5.5.014.011 PY3

There seems to be some certificate errors

I think this is something to do with SSL certificate but I'm not sure what (possibly SSL version used in py3)

After a bit of digging around I found this
Code:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/openvpn-2-4-5-cannot-connect-because-of-weak-algorithm.45428/post-390031

So I used this in my Conf file and it seems to work
Code:
tls-cipher "DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=0"

Now I need to do more testing to see if using this line works on py2
 
Image backup of 5.5.014.009 crashed after the zip file has been created.

Both the zip and non-zipped files remained.

Worked ok when I repeated the backup.

Code:
16:36:03.9119 [ImageManager] Stage5: Moving from work to backup folders
16:36:03.9130 [ImageManager] Stage5: Removing Swap.
16:36:03.9139 [ImageManager] Stage5: Image created in /media/hdd/imagebackups/openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309
16:36:03.9140 [ImageManager] Stage5: Complete.
16:36:04.9186 [Console] command: cd /media/hdd/imagebackups/openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309 && zip -r /media/hdd/imagebackups/openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309.zip *
16:36:04.9188 [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
16:36:04.9534 Traceback (most recent call last):
16:36:04.9535   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/ImageManager.py", line 187, in backupRunning
16:36:04.9543     self.refreshList()
16:36:04.9544   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/ImageManager.py", line 203, in refreshList
16:36:04.9548     mtimes.append((fil, stat(self.BackupDirectory + fil).st_mtime))  # (filname, mtime)
16:36:04.9551 FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/imagebackups/openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309.zip'
16:36:04.9552 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method VIXImageManager.backupRunning of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.ViX.ImageManager.VIXImageManager'>>,()) failed)

Code:
root@vuultimo4k:/media/hdd/imagebackups# ls -lrt | tail -6
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     124837154 Aug  3 15:33 openvix-5.5.014.009.Py3-vuultimo4k_usb.zip
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     119547094 Aug  8 14:23 openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210808_142049.zip
drw-r--r--    3 root     root          4096 Aug 11 16:33 openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     119494666 Aug 11 16:36 openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163309.zip
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     119494767 Aug 11 16:40 openvix-vuultimo4k-Py3-5.5.014.009-20210811_163713.zip
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     124852513 Aug 11 16:44 openvix-5.5.014.013.Py3-vuultimo4k_usb.zip
root@vuultimo4k:/media/hdd/imagebackups#

Moving on to 5.5.014.013 now.
 
Last edited:
.... Could the number of files in imagebackups have caused this crash? Mine is in need of a tidy-up, and the crash occurred just after a refresh (including a 5 second delay?).

Feature Request: After you've deleted an image/settings backup, the first entry in the list is highlighted.

If you were in page 2 of the list (or even half way down page 1), there are a lot of keypresses needed to get you back to where you want to be.
 
Doesn’t the left and right key buttons flick between pages?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but you still have to work your way down to the next file you want to delete, when it could already be highlighted, or be close to the next one you want to select.
 
.... Could the number of files in imagebackups have caused this crash? Mine is in need of a tidy-up, and the crash occurred just after a refresh (including a 5 second delay?).
Something removed a file from the folder, so mtime could not be fetched for that file. Or there was a directory read problem. No idea really.

Feature Request: After you've deleted an image/settings backup, the first entry in the list is highlighted.

If you were in page 2 of the list (or even half way down page 1), there are a lot of keypresses needed to get you back to where you want to be.
Do you mean something like this?
 

Attachments

You can configure how many to keep.

And that feature is very wrong because it is hidden in the "Schedule backups" sub menu, but is still active even when "Schedule backups" is disabled.
 
And that feature is very wrong because it is hidden in the "Schedule backups" sub menu, but is still active even when "Schedule backups" is disabled.
So it's a bug.
Should be simple to fix...(I hope).
 
So it's a bug.
Should be simple to fix...(I hope).

Yes. So either expose it all the time or convert this...
Code:
if config.backupmanager.number_to_keep.value > 0 \

to this...
Code:
if config.backupmanager.schedule.value and config.backupmanager.number_to_keep.value > 0 \
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top