Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. So either expose it all the time or convert this......
It will only delete files with the prefix you have set, so won't delete any downloads (unless you oddly set your prefix to the same value as the downloads use).
It's also the case that by default none will be deleted - you'll have had to set the limit (and hence have enabled scheduling) at some point and can always set it back to 0 by enable/set 0/disable.

However, I'm testing that change anyway (and the same applies to the backup manager code).
EDIT: works fine for the ImageManager. I'll test the Backup one later today.

I was wondering whether to only do it if this is a scheduled image run (rather than a manual one) but I think that might produce odd results. Do several manual ones - all stay there, then a schedule runs and they all disappear.
 
Last edited:
@Birdman, if this is a schedule feature it should only delete schedule backups. So where we have backups with IM and SU in the filename, maybe there should also be an indicator for schedule backups in the filename so these can be isolated for pruning.
 
@Huevos, @Birdman, I rarely use Image Backup, but I do use Settings Backup.
For Settings backup I have it set to auto backup at midnight every day and to keep 19 backups, however I do often take manual Settings Backups but I want to keep a total of 19 backups and no more. (19 is a screen full)
There might be people who want to use Image Backup that way.
 
@Birdman, if this is a schedule feature it should only delete schedule backups.
I reckon it should delete the SU/IM ones as well. There's nothing special about them. The tag just indicates why there were scheduled.

I certainly don't want every SU backup I've ever had taken lying around when they have all now been succeeded by the next 12 (and hence more relevant) ones that have been produced.
 
Last edited:
@Huevos, @Birdman, I rarely use Image Backup, but I do use Settings Backup.
For Settings backup I have it set to auto backup at midnight every day and to keep 19 backups, however I do often take manual Settings Backups but I want to keep a total of 19 backups and no more. (19 is a screen full)
There might be people who want to use Image Backup that way.
That's how it works at the moment.

The problem is that currently if you switched of the auto-scheduling and did lots of manual ones you'd still get them trimmed to 19, even though that option doesn't show up in the menu.
 
I reckon it should delete the SU/IM ones as well. There's nothing special about them. The tag just indicates why there were scheduled.

I certainly don't want every SU backup I've ever had taken lying around when they have all now been succeeded by the next 12 (and hence more relevant) ones that have been produced.

Sometimes by the time you realize something is wrong the auto prune has already deleted all the relevant backups. So if you backup every day and then go on holiday for 2 weeks you have lost all your backups.
 
Sometimes by the time you realize something is wrong the auto prune has already deleted all the relevant backups. So if you backup every day and then go on holiday for 2 weeks you have lost all your backups.
So you are suggesting that I'd have to manually delete all of the backups taken for updates - even though I have set an option to automatically keep the number in check?
 
I would think daily settings backups a bit needless. Mine only get backed up when using image manager or when I am testing something.
 
However, I'm testing that change anyway (and the same applies to the backup manager code).
EDIT: works fine for the ImageManager. I'll test the Backup one later today.

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/122

Only autoclean backups if backups are configured to be scheduled.
Report which backups are autocleaned.
 
That's how it works at the moment.

The problem is that currently if you switched of the auto-scheduling and did lots of manual ones you'd still get them trimmed to 19, even though that option doesn't show up in the menu.

I'm trying to say that that's how I happen to want it.
For me 19 backups is enough so that it always goes back as far as I need.
 
I'm trying to say that that's how I happen to want it.
For me 19 backups is enough so that it always goes back as far as I need.
Yes, and that won't change.
The issue is that if you wanted to change that 19 to, say, 24 and didn't have scheduled backups on you'd be unable to make the change as the option to change it wouldn't show in the menu.

So the change is to removed the "auto-clean" functionality if you are only doing manual backups.
 
I would think daily settings backups a bit needless. Mine only get backed up when using image manager or when I am testing something.

Daily backups remember timers. e.g. missus sets a timer, image get corrupt. Restore from last week's backup. Missus recording doesn't happen. Box goes in the dustbin and she buys a Humax.
 
Daily backups remember timers. e.g. missus sets a timer, image get corrupt. Restore from last week's backup. Missus recording doesn't happen. Box goes in the dustbin and she buys a Humax.

Thats why the missus isn't let near mine. Prevention is the best policy.
 
With/without sign language are different programmes and correctly have different eit.

I've done a test on 5.4.13 and BBC1 HD has the correct matching eit on Freeview and freesat whereas ITV2 does not

Back from week's holiday and just catching up. When this problem of non-matching EventID started happening a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't consistent for me. I noticed it first on Sky Arts and then on ITV2. I can reproduce the Freesat and OpenTV mismatch consistently on ITV2, but other channels seem to be unaffected. I wonder if it has something to do with the ITV SD transponder moves back in April/May? I'll see if I can pin down any other affected transponders over the next day or so.
 
@twol - I noticed that the amended eHdmiCec messages (you cleaned up the code 19th July) are not being displayed correctly in the log. The sendMessage strings are not terminated with a LF in the output to log, resulting in the next log message appearing on the same line:

Code:
<  2381.2112> 12:02:11.7482 [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=0, cmd=4,data=
<  2381.2118> 12:02:11.7488 [eHdmiCec][sendMessage]: encoder=ascii, cmd = 130, data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2381.2119> 12:02:11.7488 [/COLOR][eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=15, cmd=130,data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2381.2893> 12:02:11.8263[/COLOR] [BackupManager]hddchoices = []
<  2381.2895> 12:02:11.8265 [BackupManager]hddchoices = [('/media/hdd/', '/media/hdd')]


<  2384.2123> 12:02:14.7493 [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=0, cmd=4,data=
<  2384.2128> 12:02:14.7497 [eHdmiCec][sendMessage]: encoder=ascii, cmd = 130, data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2384.2128> 12:02:14.7498[/COLOR] [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=15, cmd=130,data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2388.2536> 12:02:18.7906[/COLOR] [Console] finished: /usr/bin/ntpdate-sync
<  2388.2539> 12:02:18.7908 [NetworkTime] setting E2 time: 1629025338.790821
 
@twol - I noticed that the amended eHdmiCec messages (you cleaned up the code 19th July) are not being displayed correctly in the log. The sendMessage strings are not terminated with a LF in the output to log, resulting in the next log message appearing on the same line:

Code:
<  2381.2112> 12:02:11.7482 [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=0, cmd=4,data=
<  2381.2118> 12:02:11.7488 [eHdmiCec][sendMessage]: encoder=ascii, cmd = 130, data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2381.2119> 12:02:11.7488 [/COLOR][eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=15, cmd=130,data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2381.2893> 12:02:11.8263[/COLOR] [BackupManager]hddchoices = []
<  2381.2895> 12:02:11.8265 [BackupManager]hddchoices = [('/media/hdd/', '/media/hdd')]


<  2384.2123> 12:02:14.7493 [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=0, cmd=4,data=
<  2384.2128> 12:02:14.7497 [eHdmiCec][sendMessage]: encoder=ascii, cmd = 130, data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2384.2128> 12:02:14.7498[/COLOR] [eHdmiCec][sendmessage4]: address=15, cmd=130,data=[COLOR="#FF0000"]<  2388.2536> 12:02:18.7906[/COLOR] [Console] finished: /usr/bin/ntpdate-sync
<  2388.2539> 12:02:18.7908 [NetworkTime] setting E2 time: 1629025338.790821

Yes I have already noticed seen - fixed on my Git but currently working fix for volume forwarding so will post later Pull - except main PC just collapsed in our heat wave - so will be a while
 
What's preventing the new FTA channel "POLITICSPUNJAB" (Sky channel 774) from showing up in any bouquets other than "Last Scanned"?
(It's missing in Py2 OpenViX too).
I can't see anything obvious preventing it appearing.
Code:
Name            Service ref                      DVB Name       LCN   CHID  CA   Provider   SID    TSID   Service type  IPTV_link                                    Ocram_SRP
POLITICSPUNJAB  1:0:1:584C:82E:2:11A0000:0:0:0:  POLITICSPUNJAB 774   3421  0    BSkyB      0x584c 0x82e  1             #SERVICE 4097:0:1:584c:82e:2:11a0000:0:0:0:  584C_82E_2_11A0000
 
Last edited:
What's preventing the new FTA channel "POLITICSPUNJAB" (Sky channel 774) from showing up in any bouquets other than "Last Scanned"?
(It's missing in Py2 OpenViX too).
I can't see anything obvious preventing it appearing.

Found problem.
My mistake in my custommix file.
Sorry :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top