Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't understand as I thought py3 was 5.5.xxx.xxx not 5.4.xxx.xxx ?
 
Sorry I'm still at a loss to understand what's going on here then

Code:
root@mutant51:~# init 4
root@mutant51:~# opkg update && opkg upgrade
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-3rdparty'.
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/all/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-all'.
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/hd51/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-hd51'.
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/hd51_3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-hd51_3rdparty'.
Downloading http://images.satellites-xml.org/feeds/openvix/Py3/5.5/hd51/mutant51/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-mutant51'.
Downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-settings-feed/master/feed/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'oe-alliance-settings-feed'.
Not selecting libgstapp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstmpegts-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstaudio-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstrtp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstpbutils-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstvideo-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstriff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstisoff-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstcodecparsers-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstadaptivedemux-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting gstreamer1.0 1.18.5+git19084+71c213f as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsttag-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstsdp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgsturidownloader-1.0-0 1.18.5+git26379+d3af58d as installing it would break existing dependencies.
Not selecting libgstrtsp-1.0-0 1.18.5+git20610+57fb883 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
root@mutant51:~#
 
You are correct 5.5 but using dev version numbers same as 5.4
 
Sorry I don't understand as I thought py3 was 5.5.xxx.xxx not 5.4.xxx.xxx ?

That changelog just shows the markers written into the various repos by the 5.4 dev build process. i.e. they are git markers of the official build, which is why they say "openvix: developer".

Our Py3 test builds do not create any markers in the repos. They are our personal builds.
 
Last edited:
So you've both seen the log above and my update symbol still flashing but neither of you have explained what I need to do to correct this anomaly on my box !
 
You have something installed that would be impacted, so it doesn‘t install some updates - I am assuming that the image doesn‘t crash so basically its fine ……. But if you have an update icon flashing because of this situation and you don’t like it, then backup your settings, flash the latest image and move on.
The benefit of a multiboot box is that you can always flash a different slot and therefore can fall back to the previous image.

I never use software update, I prefer to flash a complete image and update any plugins to latest versions
 
Or do...

Code:
opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

And it will show you whatever failed to upgrade.
 
Fresh flash no restore or plugins installed

Are you guys telling me this is how it should be with 229 updates available ?
 

Attachments

  • 111.webp
    111.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 222.webp
    222.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 16
Latest usb P3 ViX image I'm using is 5.5.15.003, you're on 5.5.14.015.
 
Last edited:
Yep, you’ll need to flash the latest test image 5.5.015.003 from the 1st post by Huevos. After install there will be further updates available and there are about 15 packages that can’t install as you’ve already pointed out due to breaking dependencies. You’ll need to wait until/if a new image is built and released by Huevos/twol to install these. In the mean time you’ll need to ignore the update indicator. Don’t forget these are test builds installed on the understanding they’re not the completed package, for testing purposes only, and built and hosted by individuals in their spare time and on their own servers, separate from the main release Openvix images.
 
That's what I thought I was downloading, cleared the cache on my browser and go the latest this time.

@css thanks again you always seem to able to see what I can't :)

But

software update still showing 215 updated packages available from 5.4.015.004

somethings still not right
 

Attachments

  • 333.webp
    333.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 13
So, i'll just leave it as it is for now, thanks to all who helped.
 
Attached file for HistoryZap testing (Py3 version).

Looks fine to me, a maximum 20 selections remembered in history zap, and it's the last 20, even when you select the oldest or the newest, as you'd probably expect.

Zapping after a selection retains the history.
 
Last edited:
@twol
Would you have a link to a 5.5.015.x py3 image for a Gigablue UE 4K?
Running 5.5.014.011 and tried to update the packages, but it gets stuck in a boot loop, so need an image flash to move on.
TIA
WW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top