Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Testers required for OpenViX Python 3 images

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the error.....

Code:
[MAIN] executing main
<  3833.2313> 09:26:33.0086 [setIoPrio] best-effort level 3 ok
[Profile] no profile data available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 10, in <module>
    from Tools.Profile import profile, profile_final
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Profile.py", line 33, in <module>
    profile_file = open(resolveFilename(SCOPE_CONFIG, "profile"), "w")
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Directories.py", line 149, in resolveFilename
    elif scope in (SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN):
TypeError: argument of type 'int' is not iterable

There were 2 commits in that area yesterday, so a fix will be along some time soon.
 
My SF8008 crashes and deletes all existing images when I try to open the Multiboot Image Selector from the standby menu on openvix-5.5.015.003.Py3-sf8008_mmc.
It first did it on my own image build so I tried it with the 'official' image and still the same.

I have installed ViX 5.5.015.003 on partition 4 and ViX 5.4.015 on partition 1 if that makes a difference?

When the crash occurs It gets stuck on this screen and I have to power off and flash a recovery image.
If I go into the multiboot part of the recovery menu it says 'no images found'.

View attachment 62648

View attachment 62649

OK - will try to fix this if I can ever get my build PC up & running ………..
 
@carpcat: If your box is stuck waiting for a fix, grab a copy (right click save as) of Directories.py from here...

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/0871cc16f9174af317177324bd987a330f57f5c9/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py

and copy it (I use Filezilla) to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Directories.py and reboot.

It is the version before yesterday's commits, and should get you running again.
 
My SF8008 crashes and deletes all existing images when I try to open the Multiboot Image Selector from the standby menu on openvix-5.5.015.003.Py3-sf8008_mmc.
It first did it on my own image build so I tried it with the 'official' image and still the same.

I have installed ViX 5.5.015.003 on partition 4 and ViX 5.4.015 on partition 1 if that makes a difference?

When the crash occurs It gets stuck on this screen and I have to power off and flash a recovery image.
If I go into the multiboot part of the recovery menu it says 'no images found'.

View attachment 62648

View attachment 62649

can you try the attachment in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools
 

Attachments

Last edited:
@carpcat: If your box is stuck waiting for a fix, grab a copy (right click save as) of Directories.py from here...

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/0871cc16f9174af317177324bd987a330f57f5c9/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py

and copy it (I use Filezilla) to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Directories.py and reboot.

It is the version before yesterday's commits, and should get you running again.

Thankyou. I’ve left one box with the issue to test any future fixes.
 
It shows the different slots and when I choose to reboot into a different slot it just hangs on the 'your sf8008 is restarting' screen.
When I start in recovery mode all slots are empty.

View attachment 62660

I appreciate your help - unable to test at the moment
If you are able try this version below.
 

Attachments

My ZGemma H7 didn't start after the image update but can confirm the old Directories.py does fix it.
 
Thankyou. I’ve left one box with the issue to test any future fixes.

This should do the trick, issued earlier today.....

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/Dev-python3-compatible/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py
 
This should do the trick, issued earlier today.....

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/Dev-python3-compatible/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py

That works for me
 
This should do the trick, issued earlier today.....

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/Dev-python3-compatible/lib/python/Tools/Directories.py

Yep, all now working here too. Thanks
 
Just upgraded my Zero 4K to 5.5.016.001 but it’s hanging on the boot screen every time. I can connect by telnet and ftp. Is there a way to enable debug logs by telnet so I can post something up for someone to have a look at? Thanks

I flashed my H7 to 5.5.016.001 and I don;t thave this problem.

Is this the difference between flash and upgrade coming into play?
 
I flashed my H7 to 5.5.016.001 and I don;t thave this problem.

Is this the difference between flash and upgrade coming into play?

The zip file you flashed didn't have the problem commits in it.

Only 5.4 dev releases ever show, so I'm never sure how many more commits "update" picks up in 5.5, (or indeed builds).

Last week, when searching for a problem commit, it showed up after a dev release had been issued, but was actually in that release.
 
Last edited:
The zip file you flashed didn't have the problem commits in it.

Yep this seems correct. My Uno4Kse flash was created early on 4th Oct which didn’t display the issues, whereas my Zero4K & H9se were both created on 5th Oct and both had the issues (using both usb flash & basic upgrade)
 
I more or less stopped doing updates on 5.5 once I realized they mostly kept offering me the same updates over and over.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top