I more or less stopped doing updates on 5.5 once I realized they mostly kept offering me the same updates over and over.
please explain - every version update has had updates to the previous version or we would not build the image.
I more or less stopped doing updates on 5.5 once I realized they mostly kept offering me the same updates over and over.
Yep this seems correct. My Uno4Kse flash was created early on 4th Oct which didn’t display the issues, whereas my Zero4K & H9se were both created on 5th Oct and both had the issues (using both usb flash & basic upgrade)
Why are you doing a usb flash - which historically is the most problematic method? You can either do a software update(which I never use) or a couch flash - flashing online and restoring backup settings.
So no local hd of any sort to download images to?
I have time tomorrow let me see what can be done for users.I have a NAS on the network which the box has a mount to. Can I flash an image from this across the network? I think I’ve tried doing image backups from the box to NAS previously which didn’t work.
please explain - every version update has had updates to the previous version or we would not build the image.
I have time tomorrow let me see what can be done for users.
Yes. I assume every version has had updates.
However latterly (while I was still using 5.5.015.003) if I went to Menu / Information / About / Software Update
it always said there were updates available and if I installed them, rebooted and looked again it said the same updates are still available.
These updates don’t get installed as they will break dependencies, which is why the same updates keep popping up. The only way to install is by flashing the whole image.
Yes. I assume every version has had updates.
However latterly (while I was still using 5.5.015.003) if I went to Menu / Information / About / Software Update
it always said there were updates available and if I installed them, rebooted and looked again it said the same updates are still available.
I have a NAS on the network which the box has a mount to. Can I flash an image from this across the network? I think I’ve tried doing image backups from the box to NAS previously which didn’t work.
I have a couple of Synology NAS boxes. If I automount a folder and then go to ImageManager, press Menu button and select the automount then Save, I can both store backups and download an image to flash using this mount
Thanks for confirming. Just tried myself and I can create a settings backup that’s sent to the Synology NAS, and also an image backup, that hasn’t worked for me before, but did this time. So that’s great. However when I try to flash this image back to the box from the NAS, it crashes with ‘error flashing kernel’ and reboots. I’ve attached the debug log which shows the start of the image flash at the end of the log before it rebooted, and the crash log to see if this helps understand what’s going on. It states the image file is not found but it’s definitely there as the box created and put it there!
Thanks for confirming. Just tried myself and I can create a settings backup that’s sent to the Synology NAS, and also an image backup, that hasn’t worked for me before, but did this time. So that’s great. However when I try to flash this image back to the box from the NAS, it crashes with ‘error flashing kernel’ and reboots. I’ve attached the debug log which shows the start of the image flash at the end of the log before it rebooted, and the crash log to see if this helps understand what’s going on. It states the image file is not found but it’s definitely there as the box created and put it there!
So Yes, Vu+ issue.
Try copying the attachment to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX and reboot.
< 180.0816> [Console] command: unzip -o /media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/openvix-vuzero4k-Py3-5.5.016.001-20211007_164423.zip -d /media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/imagerestore
< 180.0817> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 223.6662> [AutoTimer] current auto poll 2021-10-08 20:20:42
< 223.6664> [AutoTimer] Auto Poll Started
< 223.6694> [Task] job Components.Task.Job name=AutoTimer #tasks=0 completed with [] in None
< 223.6700> [AutoTimer] next auto poll at 2021-10-08 20:50:42
< 314.8326> [Console] finished: unzip -o /media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/openvix-vuzero4k-Py3-5.5.016.001-20211007_164423.zip -d /media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/imagerestore
< 314.8371> [Skin] Processing screen 'MessageBox', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'MessageBox'.
< 314.8540> [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'icon' in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Flash image unzip successful.).
< 314.8554> [Skin] Attribute 'scrollbarMode' (with value of 'showOnDemand') in object of type 'eLabel' is not implemented!
< 314.8674> [Pixmap] setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
< 314.8684> [MessageBox] Timeout set to 4 seconds.
< 314.8692> [Skin] Parsing embedded skin '<embedded-in-ScreenSummary>'.
< 314.8700> [Skin] Processing screen '<embedded-in-ScreenSummary>' from list 'MessageBoxSummary, ScreenSummary, MessageBox_summary, SimpleSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(132 x 64) for module 'ScreenSummary'.
< 314.8717> [eWindowStyleManager] getStyle(style_id=1): NOT FOUND
< 314.9182> [ImageManager] running commnd: /usr/bin/ofgwrite -r -k '/media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/zero4k'
< 314.9189> [Console] command: /usr/bin/ofgwrite -r -k '/media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/zero4k'
< 314.9194> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
< 318.1536> [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
]< 318.1537>
Tried the new file but still the same ‘error flashing kernel’ and then a reboot, although no crash logs created this time. Extract from debug log below
Be interesting to see whats in this folder imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/zero4k'
Tried the new file but still the same ‘error flashing kernel’ and then a reboot, although no crash logs created this time. Extract from debug log below
That's interesting.< 314.9189> [Console] command: /usr/bin/ofgwrite -r -k '/media/autofs/videoDISKSTATION/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/zero4k'