I can test in Vu+ Solo SE.
We are currently building a release image... soo will be able to test on all boxes.
Is the problem where there are always updates shown as available fixed?
Python 2, the main GUI software of enigma2, first released in 2000, was abandoned by the the developers of Python on 1st January 2020 in favour of Python 3, which has been available since 2006.
This means that if we at OpenViX want to maintain compatibility with the latest advances in software that surrounds enigma2 we must switch to Python 3.
After a lot of work we now have a fully working Python 3 test image.
So we now need people that are willing to test the new Python 3 image.
All that is needed is flash your receiver with the new Py3 image, switch on debug logs, and use the box as normal, reporting any bugs or crashes.
If any forum members are interested please post below with details of your receiver (brand and model).
Thanks.
_________________________________________________
Edit (2021/07/15):
Requested Py3 images available through the link below.
Please note: These are not stable production images. They are provided for test purposes only. Use at your own risk.
http://images.satellites-xml.org/Py3/
Hi, please can you answer my question as a newbui ....wich of them firmware cam i use with VU+Solo ? Thanks in advance
Hi, please can you answer my question as a newbui ....wich of them firmware cam i use with VU+Solo ? Thanks in advance
Use opkg list-upgradable
I was stuck on software update available it was dependency issues. I had to flash a fresh image
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...ython-3-images&p=517713&viewfull=1#post517713
You mean you got impatient and aborted the install. Takes a while because the box has to create all the softlinks.My problem seems to be to do with picons.
I now realise there is a newer version of picons in the feeds than I currently have installed.
But when I tried to update my picons by installing from the plugins page it just locked up.
I haven't tried updating them by doing a normal update yet because I did it manually instead since there was an even newer version available to download and install manually from the picons github.
@BefuddledBrian any feedback on that binary and epg search problems?
I thought the problem was about epg search?Once I removed existsing control characters from autotimer.xml it seems to work much better (for me at least).
I thought the problem was about epg search?
Yes, EPG search works much better without control characters, but some autotimers that were looking for names with control characters in them stopped working, so I manually fixed them so everything works well.
Isn't that an (undesirable) side-effect of removing control characters from epg.dat. Maybe autotimer needs to ignore them as well.
(Even that wouldn't work until epg.dat had been fully re-populated. (Mine would take 7 days).)