Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Time not updated

Might be an idea to download latest image, flash it, and restore plugins and settings if the above command does not work. Whole process will take less than 5 minutes. All using remote, no PC required.

For information:
I was on Dev, time updated at 01:00 in the morning. i.e became 02:00.

I just flashed release 019. The time was correct at the first install Wizard. I restored settings and plugins, and I can't replicate the problems being reported.

Xtrend 10000 with the same problem - the telnet instruction in post #10 cured the time problem (currently running 5.3.018
 
Hi Guys,

This problem could be explained if your receivers do not have the latest time zone control files.
I have one receiver (an XTrend et8000) which is OK and another (an MBTwin) which is not.
The former has the Europe/London file, the latter does not.

The problem appears to be that Europe/London is not in tzdata-europe. It is in tzdata-posix (along with the rest of the Europe files), but that's under the posix directory.

EDIT: But it is in tzdata-core.

Also, mbtwin was on 5.3.108.002, the et8000 on 5.3.020.004.
 
Last edited:
Time Not changing to BST

My Ultimo4k did no reset the time to British Summer Time. I went into the Time setup and the Time Zone Area is set to Europe and the Time Zone to London. If I change the time zone by scrolling through the list I never come back to London, the only way to get London to show again is to change the Time Zone Area from Europe and then back to Europe and then the area defaults to London. However BST is still not updated.
As a work around if I set the Time zone to Isle of Man then BST is set correctly. It seems wherever the list gets it's area data from, London is not included.

Regards
Raetsel
 
Is there a default user name and password for the Ultimo 4K, I want to run the update to correct the Time problem.
 
Thanks for that. I read the fix is to run a telnet command, not used that before on my receiver but keen to have a go. Is there a default user name and password to enable me to log in? If not how do I find it?
 
.... root and no password.
 
The default username is root and there should be no password
 
Thanks to you both for your help. Have successfully updated my time zones file as per the instructions and now have London in the list and BST is correct.
 
Thanks as always for posting the fix for this. Had the same problem with my Solo2 & couch flash with restore settings / plugins worked for me :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top